XXXIV- Baseball

Morgans POV

I woke up due to Jaspers hand ruffling through my strawberry blonde hair.

I smiled and yawned lightly stretching my body groaning. I looked at the alarm clock and saw green digital numbers stating it was 10:30 am.

"Goodmorning, beautiful," Jasper whispered.

"Goodmorning, Jasper," I grinned. I leaned my head in his chest wanting to sleep longer. Jasper moved my head from his chest and made me sit up.

"You're lucky you look stunning when your sleeping otherwise I would've woken you up sooner. But now it's time to get up we have plans today, darling," he spoke causing me to groan not wanting to get out of bed.

"What is more important than sleeping?" I ask.

"We're playing baseball today. I mean if you want I can leave you here to sleep." I shook my head and hurried out of bed to the bathroom to get ready causing Jasper to laugh. I put on a white jersey with blue stripes over my white tank top. Jasper walked in and put a white hat on top of my head causing me to giggle. I put my shoes on and walked over to Jasper. Jasper smiled and we both walked downstairs. We walked in the kitchen and Emmett and Rosalie were tossing around a baseball.

"Are we ready?" Carlisle sated walking into the room with Esme right beside him. Everyone nodded and Jasper and I walked in the garage and shared the Jeep with Emmet, Rosalie, and Alice. The car started and Emmett started driving. We finally arrived in what looked like an empty field. We all got out and Emmet and Jasper set up the bases. The sky was cloudy and the breeze was mild. I walked over to Rose.

"Since when do vampires play baseball?" I smiled.

"A thunderstorm is coming I'm sure you realized. It's really the only time we play and you'll find out soon why." Rosalie spoke with a grin.

"Now you have me hyped." I laughed walking up to Jasper. He grabbed my waist and held me against his waist causing me to smile. He put his head on my shoulder and kissed my cheek. We all heard a car pulling up. Edward and Bella walked out. Bella looked at me and slightly smiled lifting up my spirt.

"Good thing you two are here we need a umire." Esme smiled walking up with Carlisle walking behind her. The clouds start to become darker and I'm sure the game will start any moment.

"She thinks we cheat," Emmett said with a crooked smile walking beside Jasper and me.

"I'm not surprised." I laugh and Emmett sends me a glare but can't hide the smile on his lips.

"I know you cheat. Call 'em as you see 'em, Bella and Morgan." Esme warned sending them looks but smiled as she put her arm around Bella.

Everyone scattered among the field and Emmett was getting ready he was either dancing or stretching couldn't really tell.

"Stop dancing!" Jasper yelled on the other side of the field to Emmett.

"It's called stretching I'm not losing!" Emmett yelled back.

"Oh, we'll see," Jasper smirked confidently in himself. Suddenly I hear a loud 'THUD!' of thunder. The thunder rumbles and Alice smiles.

"It's time," she states with the baseball in her hand standing in the middle of the field in the pitcher spot. Rose was at home and held the bat in her hands eyeing the ball. Esme was crouching behind her with the baseball glove as the catcher. Edward and Emmett are in the outfield waiting to grab the ball as soon as Rosalie hits it. Alice tosses the ball with lightning speed to Rose that hits it like thunder. Thunder hits again rumbling the forest.

"Now I understand why you guys need thunder," I commented to Jasper who nods with a smile.

"Let's see if Edward gets the ball on time, he's fast." Jasper pointed to Emmett and Edward who were awaited for the baseball. The ball shoots fast almost like a meteor into the thick trees. Edward races into the trees. My eyes lock on Rose who runs as fast as lightning circling the bases.

"She's so close! You can do this Rose!" I scream. I see a smile forming on her face at my words. Jasper points at Edward as he dashes out of the trees clutching the baseball in his hand. Edward throws it fast to home plate. What seemed shorter than a second she hit home base. Rose was so close!

"Yer out?" Bella seemed like she questioned herself and Esme nodded.

"Out Woo!" Emmett spoke hyed. Rosalie narrowed her eyes and stood up looking upset. "Come on babe it's just a game!" Emmett yelled. She looked at Bella and bumped her shoulder and walked over to me.

"You were amazing out there!" I smiled. Rose grinned and slung her arm around my shoulder. 'Thanks' she mumbled. Carlisle was at home with the bat tightly in his arm. Alice threw the baseball that Carlisle hits and quickly dropped the bat. Carlisle starts running base to base. The ball flies through the sky and Edward and Emmett jump trying to catch it. They both ended up slamming into each other rather than catching it.

"Ouch," I cringe. Carlise gets a home run, while Emmett and Edward are still on the ground teasing each other.

"My turn," Jasper spoke with a confident smile. Jasper walks up to me and smiles I look at him confused as to why he's standing there. "No good luck kiss?" he pouts.

"I think you're good." I push him away smirking.

"What if I get a home run?" He asks.

"Maybe," I grin. Jasper winks at me making me smile and Rose nudges me in the side smirking at me. Alice throws the baseball once again and Jasper hits it and runs base to base with a confident grin. Emmett in the outfield runs up along a tree catching the ball and throwing it to Homebase.

"My monkey man," Rose beamed smiling. Jasper doesn't make it to Homebase on time. He walks up to me and nervously grins.

"Not in your dreams," I smirk turning away.

"Come on, darling." he huffs causing me to laugh.

=============

Word Count- 1,029

A/N- I tried really hard on this chapter by non stop researching. I don't know much about baseball so it was quite difficult to write... I hope you all enjoyed it though! :) Have an amazing Day/Night!