A War within a War

Bai Zhi was furious, and though Zhe Yan was not so far behind him, he couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all.  Bai Zhen however was ready to kill, and had Zhe Yan not stopped him, Ye Hua would have lost his life that day.

Not only had they raced back to the Den after Mi Gu arrived with a story so shocking and trembling in fear, but the sight that met them initially had Bai Zhi also ready to kill.  Zhe Yan thankfully was able to pull both men off him having arrived just as Xiao Wu threw him from her chamber.

"I swear I didn't know.." Ye Hua breathed out raggedly as Zhe Yan helped him up off the floor.  Bleeding from the mouth and in agony from the direct hit, Ye Hua slumped back to the floor breathless and dazed.

"Didn't know what?" Snapped Bai Zhen who was so close to drawing his sword having also seen the mess scattered through the den, Zhe Yan was forced to place himself between Ye Hua the Fox Family.

Throwing him a look, Bai Zhen turned and stormed into Bai Qian chamber before slamming the door.

  "Ye Hua, did Mo Yuan do this?" Zhe Yan asked having seen the mess in Xiao Wus chamber.  Not only had her bedding been strewn across the floor but every drawer and cupboard had been emptied.  They all knew Mo Yuan was explosive and lost all reason when he was angry, but this was too much.

Grasping hold of Zhe Yans robe with both fists, Ye Huas eyes remained on the closed door.  "I swear I didn't know.  I only found out about the arrest warrant a few hours ago." he said before coughing up more blood that was now streaming down his chin.

Helping him to his feet, Zhe Yan ignored Bai Zhis raging glare as he led him straight to the settee.  The chamber too had suffered some damage, but not being heavily furnished or decorated, only the candles needed to be relit.  Then lying him down, Zhe Yan checked him over quickly to ensure there was no major damage.  

Xiao Wus energy and power was three times stronger than the average High God, because of the immense training and cultivation she had accumulated over the years.  And though he considered Ye Hua and Mo Yuan to be on a par with her in cultivation, in elite fighting skills she surpassed Ye Hua.

Walking out, Bai Zhi made his way to the study to think, If he didn't, he knew major mistakes they would all regret, would be made and until he had all the facts, and had pieced together everything that had happened to send Mo Yuan into his own home to search it, he would not allow anyone to leave, least of all Ye Hua.

Thinking back over the conversation. Bai Zhi tried to put order into everything he had just heard.  Initially he did have qualms about her parading as a man in an army camp because he knew just how rugged they could be.  Not only would it be physically hard for her, but the life style was no place for a refined woman, especially his daughter who had no experience with their realms men or the way they lived.

But because Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen had convinced him she would be safe enough under Ye Hua, he had caved.  But to now learn that a blossoming friendship had perhaps begun to grow between them should have made him happy since a marriage arrangement had been offered.  But after what Mo Yuan had done, he was no longer willing to give his daughter away, especially to Ye Hua.

Mo Yuan had offered the marriage arrangement straight after vilifying his daughter by calling her incompetent, he had lost his temper and firmly told him that no arrangement would be accepted without Xiao Wus input regardless of his thoughts.   However, Mo Yuan had taken offense and suggested that unless he signed the contract there and then, he would not be responsible for what followed, because according to his reasoning, the worlds safety was more important than hurt feelings or a woman who had no idea how to competently run her own den.