eight.

Like a Fairytale
Pairing: Jack x Reader
Warnings: mostly fluff, some danger
Summary: Nothing out of the ordinary ever happened to you. Your life had been very simple from the start. Yet for once in your life you find yourself caught in the wrong place in the wrong time and all you can do is freeze. Thankfully there was someone there who was trained for situations like this.

It was a normal day like any

It was a normal day like any. Wake up, go to work, run errands, go home. LA traffic was always hell so it was normal for you to opt out of driving and walk. Luckily today you only had 2 errands to run. Going to the bank seemed the smartest thing to do first but now it seemed the dumbest. With your headphones in it had almost made you unaware of the men robbing the bank as you walked toward the steps but not even the quietest of gunshot would've been overheard with the scene in front of you.

A large man stood at the top of the steps, a large gun pointed directly at the sky as he let a round of bullets go off. Everyone nearby had fallen to the ground and covered their heads. But your reaction had been shorter come than those around you due to one of your senses being drowned out by music. The man noticed this as you dropped to the ground later than everyone else.

"What? Not scary enough for you darling?" his accent slurred as he descended the steps. You're whole body was shaking as he stood in front of you.

"Hey! I asked you a question?" he bent over and grabbed the shoulder of your hoodie which immediately brought you into an upright position. You tried to avoid his eyes but he was forcing your gaze.

"N-no" you stuttered out and he grinned at the fear that laced your tongue. Gripping your shirt harder he dragged you upwards so you were standing.

"You see darling there is a new weapon, one that will allow me to take control of any transportation source in the world. The CIA thought that transferring it through bank safes would throw off people who wanted it but my people are smarter than that and today, I'm sure you can guess where it is" he told you as he walked you both up the steps. He was enjoying watching the fear consume your body.

"Diablo, what are you doing? We must get the device now" one of the men spoke as the reached the top of the steps. Diablo as he was called pulled you close to his face.

"Me and my new friend here are talking about my plan. I wanted to see if she thought it was.... fitting" he grinned again, revealing each yellow tooth across his face. "C'mon my dear,...."

"Y/N" you stuttered out and he leaned towards your face, the smile still wide.

"What a darling name for a darling girl. Come on, now that we're on a first name basis you can stick with me" he moved his grip from the sweatshirt to your bicep and pushed you through the front doors. More of his men stood, snipers in each of their hands as civilians and bank workers sat on the ground all afraid to move. Unbeknownst to everyone in the bank two men from an agency were climbing the fire escape behind the bank, planning to enter through the roof.