ten.

The Truth
Pairing: Mac x Reader
Warnings: fluff, angst, maybe some smut
Summary: hiding your feelings for Mac had been your go to for the past year and a half working with him. When it came down to your most recent mission you let your emotional feelings get mixed with your professional stature causing you to make a quick rash decision that gets you injured and Mac all kinds of confused and upset.

You sat in the lab infirmary after being rushed out of the latest mission

You sat in the lab infirmary after being rushed out of the latest mission. Matty wanted to get you out of there immediately so she had exfil extract you and sent a different team to get the others later. You hissed as the medic tightened the bandage around your abdomen. Lucky for you the bullet didn't touch any major organs and all they had to do was remove it and stitch you up. The problem was when you jumped in front of it you didn't know you would be this lucky.

"I'm sorry Miss L/N" you shook your head to inform him it was okay. Matty had recently got a few medics to stay at the Phoenix since the team was very good at getting injured. She was thankful for that decision today as you bled out of your stomach in the field.

"What in the hell were you thinking Y/N?!" Mac shoved open the door to the lab, scaring the medic as he tied off the bandage. They must've just got back.

"Mac, it's me and Jack's job to protect you in the field. That's what I was thinking when I did what I did" you began to sit up, motioning the medic away.

"You should be protecting yourself though too. I can handle a bullet wound" see you knew all these things but watching that gun get pointed at Mac made you think of how much you loved him. You couldn't let the man you love get hurt and without even thinking you took the bullet for him.

"I know but I'm not the one with the brain big enough to get us out of any situation" the medic looked to you as you spoke and you nodded for him to leave and give you some privacy.

"So what! I can't even process this. I don't want you hurt and you were bleeding out in my arms. Shouldn't protecting me include not scaring the shit out of me?!" Mac spoke once the medic left. His voice was rough and loud. The anger was clear across his face.

"Then I was protecting myself too because if it was you bleeding out in my arms I wouldn't know what to do with myself Mac!" Mac slowed at the thought of your roles being reversed. There was no good way to avoid what had happened without either of you getting hurt. Mac just couldn't handle it when he saw the girl he loved get shot with a bullet meant for him.

"I just don't want you hurt" his voice was now low as he gazed at you but your annoyance was still high.

"Why though? I'm gonna get hurt on missions Mac, so expecting me to back away from a bullet is not an option!" Mac stepped forward and gripped your face in his hands. Your breath hitched as you gazed into his blue eyes.

"The reason why is because I love you and if you got hurt my heart would be ripped out of my chest. Just like it was today" the room became silent at his confession but neither of you moved.

"Is-is it true" Mac closed his eyes as your sweet voice filled his senses. He was so close to you and he knew he stepped over the line.

"Every word" he opened his eyes to see your reaction. As soon as he did you smiled wide which caused him to smile too.

"That's the reason I took the bullet. I love you too" his smile seemed to widen even more. Bending down quickly he finally closed the space between you two. As soon as his lips touched yours it was like a fire was set within you. At first it was slow and soft but then it got deeper. The more you explored each others mouth's the more your hands roamed. You spread your legs so he could move closer to you against the table.

Slowly you pushed his jacket off and onto the ground as he lifted your shirt over your head. Separating for just a second to remove it completely. You hands fumbled along each button as he started to suck on your neck. You couldn't help but let out small noises each time he kissed your neck. As soon as his shirt was unbuttoned he shook it off before returning his cold hands to your back and pressing you completely against him.

"I love you" he muttered as he laid you back on the table and started to crawl over you. You smiled as you watched him hover above you. This was all you ever wanted.

"I love you too" you pulled his head back down to kiss you. The both of you smiled into the kiss and you removed your hands from his neck to grab his belt buckle and start to undo it. He started kissing your neck again so you could focus on the task at hand but he didn't realize that when he nibbled on your neck it drove you crazy and distracted you more.

"Hey guys how was the mission?-" Bozer pushed open the door only to see you two on top of each other. "What the hell!"

Both of you jumped apart. Mac stood with his pants halfway undone and you covered your chest to hide your bra as best you could. "Hey Boze"

"What the hell is going on?" he repeated and Mac bent over and handed you your shirt which you quickly pulled over.

"We were just discussing Y/N's injury" Mac innocently smiled and Bozer rolled his eyes. He had seen enough to know that was not what you were doing.

"Whatever, just finish up or something. And lock the door, no one wants to walk in on your.... discussion" chuckling you two nodded and he left the room. Mac walked over to the door and locked it before turning back at you. Grabbing the end of your shirt you pulled it back off, ignoring the pain from the bullet wound.

"So where were we?"