4: Hoseok's Dark Past 1/2

HOSEOK'S FLASHBACK

It never came into Hoseok's mind that his mother was lucky enough to won the first prize on the lottery, which was a free family trip to Europe for a week. That explained why the Shin family were in the middle of one of Europe's favorite woodland for camping. Apparently, the outer parts of the forest had been filled with other people's tents, so Hoseok and his parents decided to go further and further inside until they arrived to the deepest and darkest parts of the forest, which they had no idea it was an off – limit area.

"Dad, don't you think it's not really a good idea to go further anymore? Let's stop here and set up the tents. I'm afraid we would encounter some wild animals' nests if we go further in or we would get lost." Hoseok suggested with concern.

"Hm... You maybe right. Alright, let's stop here." Mr. Shin nodded in agreement, causing Mrs. Shin to sighed in relief because she was already tired from walking.

"Hoseok, give me a hand. Let's set the tents up before the sun sets." Mr. Shin told, pulling out the tents and also the poles from the bag. Hoseok nodded, putting down his own bag and made his way to help his father.

Mrs. Shin also put her bag down on the ground and stretched her arms up over her head. She patted her shoulders and groaned about how sore they were, thanks to the hours of walks while carrying the heavy bag. "I'm going to search for some firewoods then."

"It's humans..."

"What?" Mrs. Shin stopped her tracks as she heard something weird from her left. She turned her head to the said direction and her eyes widen at something she had just discovered.

"What's wrong, honey?" Mr. Shin asked, as he spotted her wife standing still with her head turned to her left. Her face was telling him like she just had seen something unusual and shocking. When she didn't answer, he frowned and quickly approaching her after he finished setting up the tents, Hoseok also followed him in curiousity. "Honey?"

"L – Look at that...." Mrs. Shin stuttered, slowly pointing her index finger to her front. Hoseok and his father looked up at the direction and their eyes were now as wide as hers, with their mouths gaped in awe.

Before their eyes, there was a narrow but long path between the trees. And if they didn't see it wrong, there was an old manor at the end of the path. Hoseok shivered when their eyes met the manor. He got this feeling that there's something wrong about the manor. What the feeling is, Hoseok couldn't explain. But there were voices inside his head that kept telling him to avoid the building, turn away and pretend like he had seen nothing.

Hoseok and his mother flinched as they heard a sudden tiny cracking sound, only to found it was from Mr. Shin who stepped into a branch as he slowly walking along the path leading to the manor. "Dad, what are you doing?!" Hoseok whispered, which he had no idea why he do that instead of talking in normal voice. It was like there is something or someone would hear him if he didn't keep his voice low.

"What else? To check the manor, of course!" Mr. Shin answered, his eyes fixed on the said building and his legs kept moving to there.

"Have you lost your mind?" Mrs. Shin half – hollered. Just like her son, she could feel there's something wrong about the manor. But unfortunately, her husband was thinking otherwise. "Don't be stupid and come back here!"