.13

When the kiss broke, Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes, the widest smile adorning his lips. He couldn't believe his luck. The universe must love him.

"I'm so happy it's you," Baekhyun softly said before glancing up. "Can you tell me your name now?"

He nodded and threaded his fingers through Baekhyun's hair as he softly muttered, "Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol."

Baekhyun smiled softly and reached for Chanyeol's other hand, playing with his fingers before he laced them together. "I'm Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun."

"It's so good to meet you, Baekhyun," Chanyeol muttered with a smile. "And now, would you like to hang out for the night?"

"Of course."

~ ~ ~

Baekhyun clung to Chanyeol for two reasons. One, he was afraid of getting separated in the crowd and getting lost —- since he had a tendency of getting lost. A lot. Two, he just really liked being near him. Chanyeol made him feel safe, and Baekhyun didn't know if it was because of his height or something else, but it was comforting.

They were walking among the game stands when behind one of the counters something caught Baekhyun's eye. He ended up freezing in his tracks, and didn't realize it until Chanyeol had gently tugged on his arm, followed by that deliciously deep voice of his asking, "Baek, what is it?"

All Baekhyun could do was point and alternate between the grabbing motion as he continued to gaze upon the pink teddy bear that was almost as big as him.

Chanyeol chuckled at his behavior and leaned forward, huskily murmuring near his ear, "Do you want the teddy bear, Bunny?"

Baekhyun nodded and distractedly muttered, "Yes."

"Do you want me to win it for you?"

"Please?"

Chanyeol grinned and kissed Baekhyun's cheek before saying, "Okay, I'll win it for you because you're so adorable."

Baekhyun blushed and trailed after Chanyeol to the game counter, one hand gripping the back hem of his hoodie.

It was a game of knocking over all the pins, and twelve pins later, Baekhyun was walking away like a bouncing child as he hugged his new too big teddy bear to his chest. They found a bench to sit on, and Baekhyun placed the bear down before throwing his arms around Chanyeol's neck.

"Thank you, Channie!" Baekhyun happily cried.

Chanyeol smiled and hugged Baekhyun back, and when they parted, he lifted one hand to thread through Baekhyun's hair as he softly said, "You're welcome, Baekkie. And would you like to ride the ferris wheel, now?"

Baekhyun bit his bottom lip and reached out for the hem of Chanyeol's hoodie again as he murmured, "I'm afraid of heights."

Chanyeol's dimple showed when he gently replied back, "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe. You can hold my hand or lay your head on my shoulder or even seat on my lap if you want to; all to make you feel safe."

Baekhyun fought to hold back his tears as he quietly replied back, "You'd do that for me?"

Chanyeol nodded and caressed Baekhyun's cheek before leaning down to chastely kiss his forehead. "I have this feeling that I'll willing do anything for you."

Baekhyun's smile suddenly turned mischievous as he stood up on his tiptoes to press his lips to the crest of Chanyeol's ear as he whispered, "I wouldn't say such things if I were you."

Chanyeol pulled back, surprise evident on his face as he asked, "Damn! Where did the sudden confidence come from?"

Baekhyun just smiled sweetly and replied, "I have confidence twenty-four seven. Now Channie, let's ride the ferris wheel!"