.45

Baekhyun dressed simply for their double date with Sehun and his new boyfriend in a pair of skinny jeans and a hoodie. The weather had started to get colder, and he wanted to be comfortable and knew no one would mind his lazy appearance. In fact, this was Chanyeol's favorite look on Baekhyun; jeans that hugged his frame and accentuated all the right places, and a hoodie that made it easier to cuddle him. And Chanyeol, of course, wore his signature black.

After finishing getting ready, they pocketed their phones and laced their hands as they locked up behind them and headed out for their double date; contentment and happiness following them like a cloud.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were meeting for there date at the local barbecue grill. It was a place both Baekhyun and Sehun loved to visit, but for a date...? Baekhyun wasn't sure if it would be a good idea. He wasn't normally a messy eater, but there was just something about barbecue that screamed mess-maker.

They all met outside the restaurant and with smiles, Chanyeol and Baekhyun greeted Sehun and his new boyfriend, Luhan. He was on the short side, about the same height as Baekhyun. They got to talking when Chanyeol and Sehun where in line waiting to get seats for everyone.

"So how did you and my brother meet?" Baekhyun asked. "I mean, he told me, but you know how he is with detail." Baekhyun laughed.

Luhan laughed too and smiled as he replied, "Yeah, I know. And we actually met at a gas station. I was trying to refill my car but I couldn't get the cap off, and Sehun saw that I was having trouble so he helped me. Strange place to find love, don't you think?" Luhan giggled.

Baekhyun laughed too and exclaimed, "That's so funny! Chanyeol and I started talking over social media, so when we decided to meet in person we didn't know what the other looked like. Well, turns out, I ended up stealing his Nike hat on a subway car when he ignored me." Baekhyun laughed again. "So trust me, I know all about strange meetings."

Luhan grinned and cried, "Oh my God, that's so funny! What did you do when you found out you were waiting for each other?"

Baekhyun's smile turned dreamy as he softly replied, "He kissed me."

Luhan's jaw dropped and he cried, "Oh my God, that's so sweet! Did you kiss him back?"

Baekhyun giggled. "Of course, I'd have been crazy not too! I mean, have you seen my man?"

Luhan laughed and said, "Okay, true."

"What's true?" Chanyeol's deep stomach tingling voice asked just behind them.

Baekhyun felt Chanyeol's hands slide around his waist and he smiled before replying, "Oh, nothing Channie, we were just talking. So, do we have a table yet?"

Chanyeol nodded and kissed Baekhyun's cheek as he muttered, "Yes, come on." Chanyeol grabbed his hand and lead him to the register, where a woman was waiting with a smile to lead them to their table.

They were seated next to a window, and both Baekhyun and Sehun dived in first to claim that side. Chanyeol and Luhan glanced at them in bewilderment before glancing at each other, then they just shrugged and took their seats at the booth.

"So, what's good?" Chanyeol asked as both Baekhyun and Sehun replied, "Everything!" Chanyeol chuckled and pinched Baekhyun's cheek as he said, "I'm guessing you come here a lot, then?"

Baekhyun scrunched his brow and smacked Chanyeol's hand away as he replied, "Yes, Sehun and I would come here all the time after our classes."

Chanyeol smiled and muttered, "Cute," before he opened his menu and began to look through it.

~ ~ ~

When their food finally came, Baekhyun couldn't control his growling stomach as he quickly seized one of the chicken legs and hungrily bit into it. He had already put away half his food when Chanyeol's voice broke into his subconsciousness as he said, "Baekhyun, you're making a mess! Stop eating like a toddler!" He chuckled as he reached to gently grab Baekhyun's chin, angling his head towards him as Chanyeol used one of the clean napkins to wipe his face.

Baekhyun's cheeks were beet red as Chanyeol continued to clean him off and when he muttered, "How did you get barbecue sauce on your nose?" Baekhyun about died from embarrassment.

Sehun laughed behind his hand from the other side of the table, and Luhan whacked his arm as he cried, "Oh, shut up, you! You're making a mess too! You're both a bunch of babies." Then Luhan threw his hand up into the air as he half-shouted, "Excuse me, we need two baby bibs over here!"

"Luhan!" Sehun hissed as he slapped a hand over his mouth and practically tackled him into the seat.

Luhan just laughed as Sehun laid on top of him, pulling at his cheeks as he whined, "Why would you shout that for everyone to hear?! You're so mean! Maybe I should smear barbecue sauce on your face!"

Baekhyun and Chanyeol just ignored their antics as Baekhyun smacked away Chanyeol's hand and cried, "Channie! Stop it! You're babying me again!" Baekhyun whined and flapped his arms.

Chanyeol chuckled and dropped his hand away with the napkin as he replied, "Well, Mr. Baby Byun, if you weren't so messy I wouldn't treat you like one."

Baekhyun crossed his arms and pouted as he retorted, "It's barbecue sauce, Channie. That stuff is bound to get on me. It's inevitable."

"Not inevitable. Look at me, I'm sauce-free," Chanyeol said with a cheeky grin.

Baekhyun pursed his lips and mumbled, "Hmm. So you are . . ." Then sooner than Chanyeol could react, Baekhyun swiped his finger through some of the sauce before smearing it across his cheek.

"Ugh! Baekhyun! You little turd!" Chanyeol cried as he harshly scrub at his cheek. "It's so gross and sticky!"

Baekhyun just giggled and clapped as he cheered, "Hah hah! A sticky and messy Channie!"

Chanyeol just rolled his eyes in response.