.18

"Tonight was amazing, Chanyeol. Thank you," Baekhyun softly said as they stood on his doorstep.

Chanyeol gazed down at him softly; mesmerized by the person before him; grateful that he existed. He smiled gently and reached a sole hand up to Baekhyun's cheek, caressing the smooth skin with his thumb before trailing his hand up and threading his fingers through Baekhyun's hair. His hand stopped when it reached the nape of Baekhyun's neck, and slowly, he leaned in.

Chanyeol's forehead bowed towards Baekhyun's as he softly said, "I know I already kissed you, both because of the heat of the moment and realizing you were the one I was waiting for. And I didn't ask for your permission, which I'm sorry about. But now that I'm more or less thinking straight, Byun Baekhyun, can I kiss you?"

Baekhyun didn't trust his voice, but none the less, he nodded his head and whispered a squeaked, "Yes."

Overwhelming emotion consumed them both; the pressure of each other's lips together was soft and warm and new and wonderful —- everything one wished for with a first kiss. It was everything that sparked the perfect love.

Gently and tentative touches; softly trailing hands against sensitive skin; feather-like kisses and a deeper need and want were all the things that made their first kiss.

They parted with a sigh and gentle smiles, and scooting closer, Baekhyun laid his head on Chanyeol's chest as his arms wrapped around his waist. He sighed again with the closing of his eyes and whispered, "So perfect . . ."

Chanyeol smiled and rested his cheek on top of Baekhyun's head. Chanyeol couldn't bring himself to let him go as his arms seemed to unconsciously tighten around Baekhyun's waist as he gently pulled him closer. He was enjoying the warmth too much after being alone for so long. He craved the skinship. He craved that closeness. He craved the knowledge of knowing that when he came home after a long and late night, he'd have someone there waiting for him.

But that was no longer true for him.

Four months, that's how long he's been alone. Four long and lonely months, but now . . . Four days and four hours and all the minutes that made up that length of time into something happy and warm; someone forgetten now replaced with someone new and beautiful.

They stood that way for a moment longer before regretfully Chanyeol had to force himself to let go. Baekhyun himself even seemed saddened by the loss.

Chanyeol smiled and fleetingly caressed Baekhyun's cheek again as he said, "I'll be seeing you again?"

Baekhyun's nodded and smiled as he replied, "Definitely."

Chanyeol's smile grew and he pecked the corner of Baekhyun's mouth before he took a few steps back as he said, "I'll be anticipating that next post, Bunny. See you soon." And then he pivoted on his heel and walked away.

Baekhyun's breathing was still uneven from Chanyeol's slowly fading presence, and he couldn't wipe away his smile as he watched Chanyeol's silhouette disappear around the street corner. He was so happy, he hasn't been this happy in months. Not since he escaped —- or as much as he had been able to escape him.

"Oh, Park Chanyeol, you make my heart shake," Baekhyun softly whispered before turning to his apartment and making his way inside.

He closed and locked the door just before the unknowing flash of a camera lense could capture his figure.