Chapter 1: Humble Beginnings

For a true writer, each book should be a new beginning where he [she] tries again for something that is beyond attainment. He [She] should always try for something that has never been done or that others have tried and failed. Then sometimes, with great luck, he [she] will succeed. -Ernest Hemingway

A/N: Remember this will not be exactly like Symbol of Peace, but where I have failed, I will try to make a better story. I'm a big fan of quotes, so expect this for each chapter.

For those of you writers, have you ever tried to rewrite a story in hopes of a better one?
This story is meant to have more story and character development compared to The Symbol Of Hope: Pneuma, but I probably won't get a great story for you guys.

Key
'Thanks' - Thoughts
"For" - Normal Speech
"Reading" - Speech over a device or mental link
*Everyone* - Sound Effects or Actions

Onto the story!

Hey, my name is Izumi Midoriya. Right now, my homeroom teacher is talking about career choices and all that boring stuff, but that brings me back to when I chose my career.

Flashback ~ 10 years ago

My mother and I were at the park, but as I arrived, I saw Katsuki Bakugo and his weird lackeys bullying someone. So I ran towards him and tackled him to the ground.

"Kacchan! Can't you see you're hurting him!" I yelled with Kacchan pinned to the ground.

Then, Kacchan fired an explosion in the middle of my chest that blasted me off of him. "Don't tell me what to do, DEKU! You don't even deserve to call me with that childish nickname!"

When I landed back on the ground, I felt a searing pain in my chest as someone put their foot in the middle of my chest. But before I could get up or see who it was, I lost any control I had over my body as I drifted off to who knows where.

Scene Change ~ ???

When I woke up again, I was laying down in an odd colored field under a reddish tree with pink leaves. The place seemed right out of a fantasy world, well the good parts anyway.

Once I stood up, I saw the mountains to my right and the beautiful plain off to my left

Once I stood up, I saw the mountains to my right and the beautiful plain off to my left. But what intrigued me, was the sword right next to me. The sword was beautifully crafted with a blade of solid black and white edges all held with golden hilt holding a red gemstone in the middle of it.

'Where am I?' I thought as I looked around to find an answer to my question.

'Child...' I heard out of nowhere, but the gem in the sword was glowing. 'Draw me, Tengoku Bureka, and I shall guide you.'

"What do you mean by guiding me?" I asked innocently towards what I assumed was the sword talking.

'I shall show you a path to greatness, but be warned, this path shall not be easy. It will be far from it, the only path you can take is one of turmoil and strife. Few people reach the end, but are forever in the hearts of many.' The gem in the sword then glowed white, as if to show some emotion. 'Will you take this path?'