Chapter 18

A Little Hero
Real Danger

"Maybe there's only a dark road up ahead. But you still have to believe and keep going. Believe that the stars will light your path, even a little bit. Come on... let's go on a journey!"
~ Kaori Miyazono (Your Lie In April) ~

Key
'Hey' - Thoughts
"Everyone!" -Normal Speech
"Thanks" - Spiritual or Electronic
*For* - Sound Effects or Actions
"Reading!" - Super Moves or Abilities

~ Hiatus Warning... ~

After going to a small cafe in Hosu city, Erza and Izumi returned to the Fairy Tail building to see it almost shimmering as everyone seemed to be relaxing with some beer or food in front of them. None of them seemed like professionals from their attitude to how they dressed in casual clothes or most of them at least. Past that, Izumi seemed to stand out since all of them are friendly with each other and Izumi was the girl who was usually quiet except when she was with Shoto, then it was a complete personality swap.

"Izumi, take a break. We'll take a four-man team next time," Erza said before leaving to sit down at the bar and looking at the rest of Fairy Tail. As for Izumi, she decided to go on top of the roof for some peace and quiet.

Once there, like any normal teenage girl, she went on her phone and saw some pictures of her classmates with their assigned hero. Even Tenya took a picture with Manual despite being all about order and working, though Katsuki and Shoto didn't post one, Izumi kind of understood since Katsuki would hate most heroes he got interned for and Shoto is on bad terms with his dad.

'Seems like they're having fun,' Izumi thought as she looked towards the sun which was setting over the horizon. During that moment, her hair was flowing with the wind, creating quite a spectacle even if her dress stayed down magically. 'Another end to a short journey. Maybe I'll have some fun tomorrow.' She thought before climbing down from the roof and into the guild building as many people already started to leave for their own homes.

Getting back into the building, Izumi saw Erza waiting at a table and looking around the building. "Izumi, you'll be staying with me for the week." She said before the two left the once again, going towards Erza's home.

One short walk later, Erza and Izumi were in a small yet luxurious apartment building that all belonged to Erza. But instead of letting Izumi explore around the building, Erza gave her some old pajamas that were too small for the redhead before dragging her to bed. And oddly enough, Erza made Izumi sleep with her even holding Izumi close to her. 

"Erza... why are you doing this?" She asked nervously as the woman held to her small body tighter.

"It's for your protection. So just go to sleep." She responded as the two went to bed, one later than the other for obvious reasons.

~ Time Skip ~
~ Brought to you by Cuddling ~

The next day, Izumi set out on patrol with Erza, Natsu, and Lucy though the last two were quite excited for some reason. Of course, they all wore distinct yet comfortable outfits that showed their Fairy Tail mark somewhere on their body. Without further ado, let's start the rest of the story.

Walking through town was boring, to say the least, even with four people on patrol. Throughout the whole patrol, the group just walked around since the villains finally grew their first brain cell and didn't commit crimes in broad daylight with heroes walking around. So, they spent the day either signing autographs or taking pictures and Izumi saw a mess of blue hair, yet didn't bother to do anything about it.