Chapter 12

Sports Festival
Training for the Storm

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'"
- Muhammad Ali -

Key
'Hey' - Thoughts
"Everyone!" - Normal Speech
"Thanks" - Spiritual/Electronic Speech
*For* - Sound Effects or Actions
"Reading!" - Super Moves or Armors

~ Loading... ~

When Izumi awoke, she saw a white ceiling in the midst of the night. So she sat up and noticed bandages along her right arm and new pendant on her necklace, in the form of a sleek, black scythe. 'Right... USJ...' She thought as she remembered those events.

"*Groans* Izumi?" Shoto said as he woke up in a chair at the side of Izumi's hospital bed. "You're okay..." He said before crying and hugging her.

"Shoto-kun..." Izumi responded in a strained voice and returned the hug. Once he let go, he stood at the side of her bed, while she continued to sit up against the headboard. "So... Is everyone else okay?"

At that question, Shoto started to laugh a bit before answering. "Always thinking about others, huh?"

"Hey, you better appreciate it or you'd be in bed right now!" She retorted as they both laughed at that. "But seriously, how is everyone?"

"They're fine, only Aizawa and I got big injuries that you healed." He said as he moved the sleeve of his jacket up and revealed some bandages on his arm. "Nothing you need to fret over."

"Then what about UA?"

"The staff canceled school for a week so they could cover it up with the press. But they didn't do a great job." He said as he turned on a tv and it showed footage of the fight between UA and the villains at USJ. But a reporter started to talk about Izumi's last bout with the black creature once they ended the footage.

"Seems I'm a little celebrity." She said cheerily until Shoto poked her forehead with two of his fingers.

"Don't grow an ego, it'll set off your beauty." He said back which Izumi giggled at as the Sun started to rise. "Well, let's see the rest of this report before your Kaa-san comes to worry over you."

~ Time Skip ~
~ Brought to you by Izumi and Shoto cuddling ~

A few days later and UA started their schooling back up again, especially with Izumi almost getting bombarded by reporters on her way to school. But that's not what's important, now the entire class of 1-A sits and waits for their teacher's special announcement.

"Soon UA's Sports Festival will be starting and we must get ready. But because of the USJ incident, you'll be training all week then set up the room for your event before the competitions start up." Said Aizawa before Midnight walked into the room.

"But first you'll need to choose your hero names!" She said happily as everyone presented theirs, leaving Izumi with her vigilante name, Omni. Especially since all of Japan saw her speech/declaration where she called herself by her real name, so it might be nice to go back to it.

With their names chosen, Class 1-A left to Gym Gamma in their P.E. uniforms with Cementoss there. "Welcome to Gym Gamma or Training Dining Land!" He said as he made a mini-model of how the room would be set up. "Each of you will be able to have a training area suited for your quirk with Ectoplasm here to guide you. So take a platform and train to your heart's content."

With that notion, everyone went to a platform as the cement lifted them into the air with an Ectoplasm clone. As for Izumi, she sat down and talked with her spirits for training advice.