How You Met-Extended-Jack

I decided to make separate Chapters for each of the Newsies on how they met you. This one is kind of long but please bear with me. This Chapter (and probably all of the coming chapters) are based on a mix of the movie and Broadway version.

-Gaba💜💜

You woke up to the loud and obnoxious sounds of a train going down the tracks. For a second you forgot where you were and how you got there, but then it all came back to you. How you had run away from the orphanage, how you had stolen from the kitchens. Everything. You supposed you should have been happy that you got out of that dump but... then why did you feel so alone? Whatever, this was no time for feeling. You had to get ready, the train stop was coming up and you had to be out of the train before it stopped. You readied yourself, jumped out, rolled on the ground and then stopped. It was still dark out, so it was pretty early.

(Time skip)

You had made it to Manhattan, It was already pretty late, you had been looking, and listening, around all day for jobs. You kept seeing these boys selling newspapers, you had looked into it, and found out that they were 'Newsies'. They worked selling newspapers and slept near where they bought their newspapers. It sounded perfect, but you decided you'd deal with that tomorrow, you had found an alley with some old rags in it and decided it was good enough to sleep in.

(Next Day)

It was before sunrise and you were already on your way to the lodging house. It took awhile because you didn't quite know your way around the city yet but you finally were nearing it. You heard a bell ring and then a lot of commotion from the house, you decided you would got to the distribution center to buy the papers and ask around more there. All the information you had gotten about where to go had been from asking people anyway. You had 10 cents on you anyway and figured that could at least get you started. You got to the distribution center and realized you were getting some weird looks, you decided that they probably didn't see that many girls trying to buy newspapers. You decided that they would have to get over it because you needed to make a living and no stupid 'Newsies' were going to get in your way. Then you saw that this one guy was coming over to you. He had a red bandana around his neck. You readied yourself for an argument, or rude comment. "Don't usually see a goil 'round here" he said. "Well, trust me It's not any pleasure on my part. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have to find a way to eat." You said. He looked a little surprised at your bluntness for a second but got over it quickly. He just nodded and walked away. You bought your papers, or 'papes' as the 'Newsies' call them. You decided to watch the newsies for awhile, just so that you could figure out what to do. After a few hours of watching different newsies sell, you decided you were ready to sell.

(Time Skip)

It was 6:30 and you had just sold the last of your 'papes'. You saw the newsie with the bandana again. "I don't think we's had a proper meeting. I'm Jack." he said. You were a bit confused but said "I'm Y/N." In the end he walked to the lodging house with you and helped yo put a curtain on a corner of the room so you could have some privacy. Even though you kept insisting that you were perfectly capable and didn't need his help.