Wattpad Original
There are 34 more free parts

Chapter 52

"LET ME GO!"

"LET ME GO!"

There was a storm roiling the sullen sky. But it was my rage that swept a tempest of wind amongst the woodland, battering trees. Branches slapped and creaked like ship-rigging. Dead leaves and pine needles sliced through the air and raked against my skin.

Just as I'd been about to strike Corné down, Caidan had thrown me over his shoulder, stealing me from the laundry. In mere seconds we'd left the mansion, crossed the vast lawns, and plunged into the gloomy depth of the woodland.

Caidan had me pinned against the knotted trunk of an oak tree. He pitted his entire weight and strength against me. His broad hands were banded around my upper arms holding them to my side and pushing me back. I struggled against him, lost to rage so vengeful I could barely think, could barely hold back the creature. The thing inside me roared with bloodthirst—Let me go. Let Me Go! LET ME GO!

A surge of dark power vibrated within my fists and I bellowed at Caidan, "LET GO OF ME!"

"Shut it, Wychthorn!" The cords on Caidan's neck strained. His feet slipped and skidded, flicking up clods of dirt as I fought back. "Get a fucking grip, you were one breath away from revealing yourself!"

Graysen obviously had told his brother that I was other and my fists shaking with menacing might tightened at his betrayal. "I DON'T CARE!"

Corné was hurting her.

He'd never stop until he'd broken her, or killed her—

I punched out with dark power. "I'M GOING TO END HIM!"

A roiling mass of magic slammed into Caidan, knocking him backward, sending him sprawling into the undergrowth, flattening saplings and ferns and bellwort.

Caidan rolled, flipping to his feet—

I surged forward—

Caidan, faster, crashed into me and shoved me back up against the oak with a force that crushed the air from my lungs. "You kill him, you'll reveal yourself!"

I sucked in a sharp breath, and screamed, "HE'LL BE DEAD!"

"YOU CAN'T—"

I snarled, snapping my teeth at him.

Caidan jerked his face back, cursing.

And I loosened the leash on the creature—

The ground beneath our feet exploded in great shuddering quakes. Dirt and stones blew skyward. A rotten reek, as foul as my temper, filled my nose, as the decaying forest litter whipped upwards, writhing through the air.

Caidan jostled. His footing slipped against the shaking earth. His grip on my shoulders fumbled. "FUCK!"

Trees groaned and yawned, tipping over as their twisted roots were unearthed. Birds, frightened from their roosting perch, burst into flight, wings snapping as they scattered.