Wattpad Original
There are 73 more free parts

Chapter 13

My angry gaze scouted the room, wishing I'd miraculously find Danne in there

My angry gaze scouted the room, wishing I'd miraculously find Danne in there. But I didn't. I snatched my phone from the pocket of my skirt.

I'll do it. Just call Danne and vent—

Maybe it's too late in the evening. Maybe I'll interrupt him in a meeting.

But isn't that what friends are for—to lend an ear?

I started stabbing the screen, scrolling furiously for Danne's number, only half aware of approaching footsteps.

Just on the cusp of pressing call, I glanced up and found Graysen staring down at me. I paused as a fierce look cut through his features—his gaze snapped to the Pelans, back to me, and down to my phone. For some strange reason, he seemed just as angry as I was.

How long has he been watching me?

"Danne Pelan. That's your friend isn't it?" he ground out. "That fucker."

How he'd pieced it together I didn't give a shit. But I surely did not appreciate what he said, or how he said it.

"He's just a friend," I bit back.

"But you want more." It wasn't a question.

I startled a bit, the anger dampening. Sure I liked Danne, but I doubted he liked me in that way.

"You stay away from him," Graysen snarled, shoving a finger in my face.

I knocked his hand aside, my mouth thinning, and anger rising once more. "Why? Why should I?" Why on earth should Danne Pelan matter to Graysen?

His gaze darkened and his jaw clenched. "Keep your distance from Danne Pelan." With one last glower, he spun around and stalked toward the smoky doors.

I watched his broad back as he strode from me. Fury hissed through my blood, had the creature slithering along my bones. Graysen was as bad as my father. I was just a possession. Passed from my father to him. From one gilded cage to another.

"Fuck off, Crowther! I'm sick and tired of being told what to do, by you, by my father!" My temper grew hotter and hotter. The creature inside of me snarled. I never backed down when I knew damn well I should just keep my mouth shut. I hissed at his retreating figure, shaking my fist. "Danne's my friend and I'll do what I like!"

Graysen whirled around. "You'll fucking do as I say!"

I balled both of my hands, practically shrieking. "You don't own me! You don't get to tell me what to do!"

He was closer now, his words spoken with a dangerous kind of calm. "Oh, but little bird, in one month's time I do. In one month's time, you'll turn twenty and I'll own every single inch of you."

I blinked, my eyes flaring wide. "You do realize you're a walking, talking cliché? Do you ever listen to yourself? Gods, Crowther. Do as I say. You're mine. Blah blah blah. Yeah, we all got it. You're the alpha. The guy with the biggest dick in the room."