Wattpad Original
There are 57 more free parts

Chapter 29

Graysen beamed

Graysen beamed. And it was beautiful and special because those kinds of smiles from him were rarely given. I bathed in it, let it warm and comfort me, let it pluck that taut sensual string that vibrated right to my core.

I stilled, an inch from his mouth, letting him travel the rest of the distance, and waited impatiently as anticipation razed across my skin with the quickness of wildfire. But he didn't move. He kept staring through heavily-lidded eyes at my mouth. And when his tongue flicked over his bottom lip before his teeth raked across the soft flesh, all my bones turned to liquid.

His mouth which had been hovering over mine glided away. Silky damp hair brushed against my cheek as he nuzzled into the space between my neck and shoulder. He dragged in a deep breath through his nose. Exhaling. "Gods, that fucking floral scent of yours. Sweetly spicy and full of fire."

My brow furrowed. "I don't wear perfume." I only washed with my favorite strawberry soap.

His mouth brushed my skin, drawing a shiver from me as he spoke. "It's the scent of you, and it gets heavier when you're aroused. Much like you are right now. I can't get away from it—from you." A desperate groan. "I'm fucking choking in it."

What the?

Arousal?

Oh, my gods!!

Heat like a bonfire licked up my chest, over my throat and cheeks. I pushed away, horribly embarrassed, but he wouldn't let me go.

My Kindle!

Oh my gods, my Kindle!

I shot him a horrified look. He'd known all that time... He'd scented it on me. "B-but—"

He laughed. "Yeah, I know what you're reading on your Kindle."

That was where I stored all my steamy romance books. Pretty much porn in the form of written words.

Shit, shit, shit—

"Danne sure as fuck wouldn't know your head's normally stuck in a book. But when you read from your Kindle you're reading something smutty." He cocked a smug brow at me. "And when you're reading something especially hot on your Kindle, you wiggle down on your back, thighs pressed together, and you worry the inside of your cheek with your teeth."

I hid my blazing face behind my hands, my mind churning back through all my memories as I tried to remember how many days we'd spent together like that. How often I'd read from the damn Kindle and gotten all kinds of turned-on.

Oh gods, this is humiliating.

He pulled my hands from my face, but I couldn't look at him.

"I'd hear your pulse picking up." His warm fingers stroked down my neck and back up again. "The spike of heat flushing your cheeks, and that little breathy sigh you make and think I don't notice." His knuckles brushed across my cheek before he encircled the back of my neck with a hand to pull me closer. His mouth ghosted mine. Not a kiss, but teasing me with his words. "Why the hells do you think I got so fucking quiet, broody, and sullen? I had to hide my godsdamn hard-on from you the entire time."