Chapter 4 I know what I have to do.

Kylo

Rey was right. He was tearing himself apart inside. He knew what was at the end of this elevator ride. Rey was going to die. Snoke would never let her live. She was too defiant and powerful and Kylo would be the one made to end her. Snoke was cruel and Kylo knew that the minute he had sensed compassion with in his apprentice, he had decided that Kylo would be the one to end the girl thus ending his compassion for her. Kylo absolutely refuse to hurt Rey. He didn't know why but he could feel her light pulling him towards her, filling him with hope and he was powerless to fight against it. He didn't know how he could prevent her death. The only way would be to end Snoke himself. The most powerful dark force user in the galaxy would not be destroyed so easily. At the thought of murdering his master Kylo was overwhelmed with a sense of failure. He had spent a good portion of his life serving Snoke. Bending to his every demand no matter how horrible the task may be. If not for the torture that was inflicted on him for even the slightest mishap, Kylo Ren might have come to care for Snoke the way a child would their parent. But Snoke was no father, instead he was the reason Kylo Ren was so hopelessly alone. Kylo knew that if it hadn't been for Snoke's poisonous whispers into his mind nearly all his life, he could be anywhere else, and he may have never found this blinding and pure light that was Rey. But now that light would be snuffed out if Snoke was allowed to continue to breathe. So Kylo resolved to kill the monster, to stamp out this evil that had nearly consumed his soul and threatened his future. He would need a perfect set of circumstances and though that seemed almost impossible he would make sure she was safe. Rey had told him she would help him, but it didn't seem like she would truly be able to. As strong as she was, she was also untrained. Kylo himself had been through years of torture and training at the hands of his master, and he was powerful but was it enough for both of them? At some point he may need it to be, and the thought terrified him more than anything Snoke had done to him. He didn't know what he'd do if he failed to protect this girl.

The elevator doors opened and Kylo felt Rey's terror and he wanted to hide her beneath his cloak. He wanted to pull her back to himself and run with her. But they wouldn't get far, and he wouldn't risk her life that was. So he sealed his mind and plan away from Snoke and urged Rey forward. He kept his hand at her back, ready to pull her back in an instant, as they moved forward.

"Ben please don't do this" Rey begged in his mind he felt himself break even more.

"Rey, don't be afraid" He whispered back with confidence, and he moved her towards the monster. "We will be ok, I swear." He shouldn't promise her but he wanted to ease her mind, even if it was only slightly.

"You have a plan then I assume, because I know I won't walk out of this room alive as long as that monster lives" She sounded hopeful, and he became nervous. He didn't want to let her down

"Just trust me Rey" He answered before he pushed her out his mind. He couldn't risk Snoke seeing his plan in her mind.

"Ah my good and faithful apprentice" Snoke's voice was like cannon fire echoing throughout the Throne Room. Kylo sank to one knee and kept his eyes down, his mind a sealed tight. "My Faith in you is restored" Snoke looked down in disgust at Rey.

"Young Rey, welcome" The cuffs around Rey's wrists deactivated and fell away. "Come closer child" Snoke almost whispered. Rey stood defiant against the tyrant, she didn't move an inch. Kylo felt himself smile, that's my girl he thought.

"Your girl?" Rey laughed in his mind, "watch it Knight I'd devour you in seconds," Rey was teasing, almost flirting with him, and at a time like this. Kylo could feel heat pool in the pit of his stomach. What was she doing to him.

"Don't count on it little Jedi, you would be the one devoured" he shot back. He could feel her smile inwardly.

"So much strength, darkness rises and light to meet it, I warned my young apprentice that as he grew stronger his equal in the light would rise." Snoke was still speaking oblivious to the exchange they were having. Rey's saber suddenly flew from Kylo's grasp and into Snoke's. "Skywalker, I assumed wrongly" Snoke continued "come closer I said" Rey still didn't move Kylo could feel Snoke becoming angry. He lifted Rey and pulled her towards him with the force. Kylo watched in absolute horror, what was this monster going to do.