Chapter 11 Plan in motion

Kylo sat in the cold room on Dantooine, the resistance leaders had decided rather quickly that he couldn't possibly have killed Snoke, that Rey would never betray them by helping him. He was furious, not because they had sentenced him, but because he needed to help her.

The door open and the pilot, Poe, wandered into the room. Even the way he moved annoyed Kylo to no end. He was infuriating and Kylo suspected that the only reason he continued these useless conversations was out of a desire to drive him to sheer madness.

"Ahh, good morning Supreme douche bag." Poe sat on the chair opposite Kylo. His stupid grin plastered to his face. Kylo wanted so badly to wipe that smile from his face, with his fist. He stared at the Pilot, this was the man his mother prized as her best soldier, the son she always wanted. He had known him since he was born and at one point in time they had been friends, but after Snoke, Kylo had forgotten the boy who used wrestle with him or sneak into the hangars a night with him so they could go joy riding. That was long before he was sent to Luke, before the children on base, including Poe, began to shy away from Ben due to his growing powers.

"So how was your day, do anything interesting?" Poe questioned as he leaned back in the chair placing his feet on the table in front of him. His boots were caked in mud and Kylo leaned back to avoid the debris the loosened and fell away. Poe rocked black slightly and Kylo nearly had to physically restrain himself top keep from toppling the chair with the Force. Instead he continued to glare and Poe only smirked. "Oh, wait, I suppose you don't get out much huh? Must suck being on the opposite side the interrogation huh?"

"That interrogation should have ended with your death" Kylo answered acidly. "The longer you sit here talking to me, for what reason I still don't know, or really care to know, the longer Rey is with Hux." Kylo hissed at the pilot. "It also puts you much closer to your death." He flexed his hand and watch the man flinch just barely. He was undoubtedly remembering the last him Kylo had been in this man's presence.

"Sure, Sure princess, well see about that, any time any place, we'll sort that out you and me." Poe was unfazed by Kylo's threats, making him all the more annoying. Neither of them, spoke instead both men tried their best to look menacing, which in Kylo's case was a lot easier, it came naturally to him. But he had no time for games and finally conceded with an exasperated sigh.

"Rey is in trouble, either you help me or I will use you as a human shield to escape and help her on my own, it's you choice"

"Why should any of us believe you? You spent years causing chaos, murdering, destroying anyone in your way, you expect us to walk into your trap, to walk into the First Order demanding they return Rey? You might believe we are just a rag tag group out to annoy you, but I assure you, we are more than that." Poe was serious now and he sat up straighter as if to appear more threatening, if it was such a thing, and a scowled formed across his face.

Kylo's gaze hardened he could so easily end this man's life. It would be simple, like squashing a bug. He wouldn't do it though, he couldn't. It was not only a sure-fire way to get him executed but it would certainly piss Rey off. Unfortunately, she considered these people her friends.

"Look" Kylo spoke trying to keep his voice unthreatening "If you thought this was a trap you would have stopped coming to talk to me at all. Rey is in danger, they are torturing her, the more time you spend trying to annoy me is more time Rey spends being tortured." Kylo clenched his fists. "We need to get her back."

Poe stood up from his chair and leaned over the table glaring into Kylo's eyes. His smile disappeared and her stared intently at Kylo. "If Rey dies, that's on you, you're the asshole here, the murderer, not me."