The Future

A/N : Hello Loves!! I am sorry I have been absent but work and life are killing me. Thankfully i've got you all. Here it is the final chapter, i think. Honestly i might add more but for now this is the end. I will however be posting a new story. It is Find the balance revamped. I watched Solo then had so many ideas that i took what I had and added to it, by like several hundred pages. Any way if you enjoyed this leave me a comment or stop by just to say hi. 

-lissa

"Rey, let me look at your leg" She didn't respond, instead she stared blankly at the wall. He knelt next to her, she didn't move, her mind was far away as she absentmindedly stroked her hand through Finns hair. Ben lifted Finn slightly, just enough to move him from her lap. She still didn't look at him as he gently scooped her up.

The minute his arms were around her she felt her resolve crumble. Tears fell again, she wrapped her arms around Ben's neck and sobbed into his chest. She wanted to stop feeling anything, wanted to be completely numb. Ben set her one the only bed and dressed her wound quickly and she could tell he was making the extra effort to be gentle. Neither of them spoke, she could sense that he didn't know what to say and she couldn't bring herself to speak fearing that she would just start crying again. Once he was done he pulled out a blanket from a nearby drawer and wrapped it around her. He stood giving her one last concerned look before he disappeared back into cockpit. Rey lay back against the bed and let her sorrow consume her. She didn't want to go back to the Resistance, she didn't want to fight anymore. She had already lost too much. Her heart couldn't handle another loss. Once they landed she would get away as soon as possible. Ben was becoming a part of her and she couldn't allow that. She pushed away the longing and desire for him. She would not allow herself to care for him because if she did she would at some point lose him and even the thought of losing Ben was unbearable. She needed to get away from him.

Ben wandered back into the room, he was holding a cup of what smelled like flowers. Rey eyed him warily as he handed her the cup.

"It's just tea" he spoke. He sat himself across from her on the floor. She took a tentative sip before gulping down the rest. It was a delicious mix of vanilla, cinnamon, and something she couldn't quite place.

"So what is the plan?" Ben questioned as she set the mug on the ground.

"What plan" she tried to clear her mind, she didn't want him to know she was leaving.

"Rey, you're fairly predictable, I know you want to run, I know you want to disappear"

"I.....I can't lose another person I care for. If I disappear, if I stop caring" she felt herself falter, perhaps being alone again was not as appealing as it was before this war. She leaned back against the wall behind her and stared at the ceiling

"I know why you want to disappear, it's natural to want to shut out those who love and care for you but trust me that isn't going to help. It would only consume you, the loneliness; if you thought Jakku was bad, imagine knowing that you were the one who left those who love you. You have every right to want to be alone, and maybe returning right now isn't what's best for you. But understand this, I'm not leaving you. You might not think you need anyone, but I can promise that after something like this you will need someone. I didn't cross an entire Galaxy, kill a general and help blow up an Empire so that you could turn around and leave." Ben spoke, with such assurance. She could tell it would take more than her saying no to stop him from following. "Rey you and I are connected. This Force Bond between us isn't just going to break. I think we need each other."

"I'll find a way to break it then." Rey responded she wanted to convince him to leave her alone, but she also just wanted him to hold her and never let go. All of these conflicting emotions were going to drive her mad.

"You don't want to break this bond any more than you want to leave me. Stop trying to change my mind Rey, I'm going with you."

"Ben, I don't know what you think I'm feeling but I can assure you you're wrong." She glared at him. Even as she did her heart was racing, he knew the truth. Ben stood up and walked over to her. He placed both of his hand on either side of her head against the wall and stared down at her. His eyes were on fire and she felt herself stop breathing. "Ben what are you doing" she asked nervously.

"Prove to me you don't want me to follow you, I've wanted to do this since Ahch-To, and I think you have too, stop me if I'm wrong" he moved closer, she pressed back further into the wall. She couldn't think, his proximity to her was intoxicating, his eyes were blazing, and she wanted to lose herself in them. "Rey" he whispered her name again, just as he had in the elevator on the Supremacy. This time she couldn't back away. Instead she leaned forward, their lips millimeters away.

"Ben Solo,if you do this there's no going back" she whispered, giving him one last chance to stop. She knew her walls would crash the minute his lips touched hers and she knew his would as well. He hesitated briefly, she felt his desire win and his lips were suddenly pressed against her. She parted her mouth drinking him in, her hands wrapped around him and she laced her fingers in his hair. He growled against her lips and scooped her up and lay her gently on the bed his lips are soft against her and she could feel his tongue in her mouth, it was the sweetest thing she had ever tasted, and she let her own tongue press back against his.

His arms were still wrapped around her, but he moved one hand up to brace himself and the other pulled her closer still. She felt her way beneath his shirt, and his lips became more urgent against her as she touched more and more of his skin. Finally, she pulled away from him and reached to remove his shirt. He stopped her, his hand suddenly gripping her wrist and she could feel his hesitation through their bond as he moved away from her, sitting on the bed. She sat up and watched as he looked away from her. He was afraid, worried she would not like what she saw.

She smiled gently at him. "Ben, it doesn't matter to me" she tried to coax some relief out of him.

"I just...the scars." he whispered, his hand still locked around her wrist.

"We all have scars Ben." She moved to lift her shirt he glanced down, there just below her belly button were several thin white lines. "Unkar like to hold scavenger fights, I didn't always win." She released the fabric of her shirt and smiled again at him, giving him a reassuring look.

He released her wrist and she pulled his shirt over his head. She could feel his anxiety, his shame. Her eyes raked over his body. He chest and abdomen were littered in scars and burns. The largest of them was her mark. The one she gave him on the Starkiller base. She gasped, tears springing to her eyes as she hesitantly reached to run her fingers lightly down that mark.

"Ben, I'm so sorry" her finger still lightly traced the scar. She leaned forward and pressed her lips lightly against where it began just at his shoulder. She slowly kisser her way up the mark making her way to his cheek, to his forehead. She was kneeling in front of him now and he wrapped his arms around her.

"It doesn't matter now, it's just a scar, a memory, let the past die Rey." Those words, they echoed in her ears, she knew the truth, she needed to let go of her haunted past just as he did.

"And what of the future?" she slowly pulled away from him. What was their future, was it her vision, was it his?

"The future?" His words echoed her thoughts. "You're my future Rey."