Chapter 5 Just you

Rey

Rey didn't have time to process what had just happened. She could feel the weight in Kylo Ren's mind lift and begin to fade away. Ben was returning. Her heart was beating so loudly in her ears that she barely heard the Guards move towards them, weapons at the ready. She took a breath and finally looked away from Kylo to take in her surroundings. The eight Praetorian Guards were closing in, but Rey wasn't afraid. She knew that with Ben at her side they stood a chance at defeating them. Back to back Rey and Ben fought. No longer was Rey wilding swinging her saber, she had purpose. The guards pushed forward lashing out with their weapons. Rey parried quickly. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a guard lunge for Ben's side, she quickly turned and stabbed the guard. Ben brought his saber down through another guard, as he stepped back, Rey felt herself push against him to kick the two guards advancing on her, back. They continued to push the guards back but the two were slowly separated. Rey had her hands full with the two in front of her. She blocked the first shoving him back to the ground, his staff like weapon reminded her of the staff she had once used on Jakku, the guard's, however was blazing vibro-blade that could cut though Rey's body in seconds. The second, brandishing an eletro-chain whip, lashed out at her. Rey brought her saber up to meet the whip, the razor-sharp hook at the end wrapped around her saber. The Knight pulled her forward the hook inches from her face. He reached out his hand and wrapped it tightly around her neck. She could feel herself begin to panic, but then she saw it. An opening. She swiftly ducked under the guard's arm, pulling her saber with her and removing his arm and slinging the whip across the room. It crashed against the window, the shades burst into flames as the weapon exploded. Ben was holding his own on the other side of the room. He blocked the two guards coming at him, as they tried to push him back. Rey could sense his anger and purpose, but, he was also filled with worry, not for himself but for her. Rey turned back to face the figure in front of her. He had split his blade in two and was spinning them wildly in both hands. Rey let out a scream and the guard came charging towards her.

Kylo

Kylo drove his saber through the chest of the guard immediately in front of him and threw him to the ground behind where Kylo was standing. There was the unmistakable sound of the guard being shredded to pieces as he fell into one of the power cores. There were still three left, not including the one Rey was up against. She was surprisingly quick on her feet and parried his moves with ease. Kylo held his saber at the ready, calculating his next move. These guards were quick to block his attacks and it was a miracle that he and Rey had even taken out as many as they had. Suddenly, Kylo heard Rey scream out in pain as the guard she faced raked his blade across her arm. Kylo was frantic, he needed to get to Rey, to defend her. He lowered his weapon, he needed to focus and listen with the force, which would attack first. The guard immediately behind him released his eletro-whip and all three moved forward. Kylo managed to remove the head of one of them only to turn and block the second two. He snatched the weapon out of one's hand slammed it into their back. The last one lunged forward swinging wildly causing Ren to drop his saber. The guard swung one last time only to have Kylo catch the staff before being pulled into a head lock. The guard struggled to end it and Kylo couldn't think of anything but Rey. If he died now he would never get the redemption he so desired he would never be able to see what his future held, if she was a part of it. The blade was inches from Kylo's neck when he heard his name through the chaos.

"Ben!!" Rey shouted, before she shot her saber across the room and into his hand. In seconds the last Praetorian guard was now sporting a hole through the center of his face. 

Rey rushed to the oculus. She had said something but Kylo couldn't hear her.  He was focused on the throne. Snoke's body in pieces at its feet. He had done it, destroyed the most powerful dark force user in the galaxy and yet all he could feel was emptiness. There was a piece of him missing. A piece of himself that he had clung to for so long, now with it was gone, he was lost. Snoke's effect on Kylo Ren was over. He knew that he would have to fill the emptiness with something, perhaps, something light?