Chapter 14 The traitor.

So the art work is not mine. But it is beautiful. Firstly I am so sorry for not updating. Life has been non-stop insanity. But I am doing my best!! I hope you still enjoy those none the less!!!

-lissa

Rey

After she had cut her connection to Ben, Rey was surrounded by nothing but the cold durasteel walls of her cell and an aching in her chest she couldn't quite place.

She knew it was foolish to think Ben Solo was rescuing her for personal reasons. He was helping the resistance regain their most prized warrior.

Ever since the defeat on the Star Killer Base, Rey had been called a hero, a true Jedi. She didn't want to be the face of the resistance, but there were so many that looked up to her now she continued to hold her head high and do what was asked of her.

Whether it be leading raiding parties to small First Order Camps or finding the all-powerful Luke Skywalker.  Rey had been molded into a leader, even though she didn't consider herself one in the slightest. She was just doing what was asked of her. Anything really as long as it kept her mind busy. Kept the feelings of utter loneliness at bay.

Rey felt completely and undeniably alone. As many people as she was surrounded by, she hadn't found another person she could truly connect with. The abandonment she had faced as a child was not something she had come across in another person amongst the resistance.

She did however find it in Ben Solo.

He, in his own way had been not only abandoned but betrayed as well. She knew his loneliness like her own, but she knew nothing of what drove him to act the way he did. Little slips here and there were the only indication that he felt something else for her. She wasn't just his ally, was she?

She couldn't think on it any longer, there were so many other things she needed to figure out. Like how she was supposed to escape with the three men without getting caught. She had no saber and blasters were not her favorite weapon of choice. Before a solid plan could even be formed there was a loud crash outside her cell, followed by the cell going completely black. Then the door was being pulled from it hinges. Rey stood ready to strike down whoever came through the door. It was Hux. He was beyond furious.

"It seems your resistance scumbags are attempting a pathetic rescue. It will be their death" he hauled Rey up by her hair and shoved her forward.

"Bind her immediately!" He barked at the trooper who had followed him in. She fell forward landing on the soldier who caught and steadied her. She was surprised by how gentle this solider was being. He pulled her behind him and stood between Hux and her.

"What is the meaning of this soldier" Hux growled at the solider "Cuff her immediately" The trooper said nothing, he just stood there silently.

Rey felt his mind. He was in a trance, almost as if he was asleep.

"He won't answer you, he is being controlled, it seems that my friends have gotten farther than you thought" Rey smiled before she kicked the trooper from behind. He stumbled forward and crashed into Hux both men fell to the floor. Rey snatched up the blaster the trooper had and aimed it at Hux.

"You're going to pay for all of the death and pain you've caused" Her finger was on the trigger, she was so close to ending this wicked man.

"Rey!" Finn's voice echoed from behind her and she turned to see Finn running down the hall to her. Behind him, radiating power with every step was Ben. His saber was drawn as he blocked shots coming down the hall towards he and Finn.