8

Friday, September 14th
(1 week later)
{Mia's P.O.V.}

10:30 am

"God, you look exhausted." Jack points out as I slide into a chair and throw my bag down onto the floor next to me.

"Thanks." I reply sarcastically and pull out my MacBook as he lightly shoves my arm.

"You still look good though." He looks me up and down before placing a pen inbetween his lips, listening as our professor started today's lesson.

My face blushes at his small compliment as I draw my attention towards the powerpoint, vigorously typing notes on my laptop.

Jack has been acting different towards me since he'd driven me back to the sorority that morning, it's like he's been trying to get to know me.

Not that it bothers me or anything, it's kind of nice for someone to actually show interest in me. It's different.

A loud bang comes from the top of the lecture hall as the door swings open, ceasing everyone's attention from the lesson.

Ethan's eyes meet mine as he hurries down the steps and lifts a hand up in the air, taking the seat behind me. "Sorry."

"Show up on time or not at all, Mr. Dolan." The professor  glares at him. "This is your final warning."

"Duly noted." He responds as he leans back in his chair, his jaw clenching every now and then as he chews on his gum.

I shift my attention away from him and back to the powerpoint. Five minutes into the lesson, I feel him tap on my shoulder.

"What?" I groan, whipping my head back to face him.

A smirk appears on his face, seeming to enjoy how much he annoys me. "Has anyone told you how sexy that top looks on you?"

I roll my eyes and face my attention back to the front, wishing I hadn't come to class in what I had on. Although, a part of me liked the fact that I looked good to him.

As I begin typing my notes again, I feel him place one of his fingers slip under the strap of my exposed bralette before snapping it against my skin.

"Ethan!" I shriek, drawing the attention of some of the other students in the room.

"Your conversation must be important if you're interrupting my lesson, Miss. Pennebaker." The professor calls out, drawing even more attention towards us.

I shake my head and begin to reply but he quickly interrupts me. "Why don't you take the conversation and your stuff outside. Both of you."

My face heats up with embarrassment as I get up and collect my things. "Send me the notes please." I whisper to Jack who nods at me sympathetically.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I yell at Ethan when we get into the hallway. He smirks and walks closer to me.

I begin to walk back away from him but quickly hit the wall of the hallway.

"Don't even act like it bothered you." He says before placing his arms on each side of me, keeping me from being able to leave.

His breathing becomes slow and hot causing goosebumps to appear along my arms.

The tension between us rises and even though I know he's bad for me every part of my body is screaming for me to kiss him.

My breathing begins to increase and every second we stand here becomes more agonizing. "Ethan, please." I beg, unsure of whether I want him to let me go or kiss me.

My face drops with disappointment when he removes his hand from the wall. The feeling of rejection begins to settle in my stomach before he places his hand on my cheek, catching me by surprise.

Slowly, he brings his face closer to mine, locking our lips together. My knees become weak, making me feel like I could collapse on the floor at any moment.

I don't want to think about why I'm kissing him back or the rude things he might say after this, I just want to feel this.

"Mia?" Jazmins voice cuts us off, ending the kiss. Ethan quickly backs away from me when he notices Grayson by Jazmins side.

Jazmins jaw is practically on the floor and Grayson's eyes are locked on Ethan. "We need to talk." He says, walking away from Jazmin and grabbing Ethan by the arm.

"Dude what the fuck?" Ethan's voice trails off as he gets further away, stumbling as Grayson pushes him out the door of the university.

Weird.

I pull myself off of the wall and tuck my hair behind my ears, glancing back over at Jaz who still seems to be in shock.

"Oh. My. God." She squeals, rushing over to me. "What in the world did I just interrupt?"

{Ethan's P.O.V.}

11:49 am

"What the fuck was that?" Grayson yells, drawing the attention of people in the courtyard.

"Uhh, a kiss?" I reply, narrowing my eyes at him.

He paces back and forth before stopping to look up at me. "I'm going to tell her about the bet. I can't let you do this anymore." He says, walking back towards the door of the school.

I feel the blood drain from my face as I chase after him. "Grayson, please don't, she'll never talk to me again."

He turns towards me and throws his hands in the air. "What does that matter? You don't even care, Ethan! All you want is the money!"

"That's not true!" I blurt out. His face is struck with confusion as he walks back towards me. "What do you mean?"

"I think I'm falling for her." I mumble, finally coming to realization about how I feel about her.

I'm falling for Mia. A girl who was supposed to mean nothing to me.

"This better not be one of your sick jokes, Ethan." He jabs a finger at my chest, pushing me back a little.

I shake my head repeatedly and grip onto the straps of my bag. "I wish I was joking. It would make this whole thing a lot easier."

Grayson pushes me back with his hand, anger rising in his face. "What the fuck do you mean by that? Ethan if she finds out about this it'll destroy her!"

"She won't find out." I snap, backing away from him to keep my distance.

"How can you be so sure?" He folds his arms and sighs, skeptical that I'll have control over the situation.

"Because, Grayson! I have this handled!" I run a hand through my hair, getting agitated with his questions.

He shakes his head before turning around on his heal, mumbling something under his breath before walking away. "Yeah, I hope for her sake you do."