11

same day
{mia's p.o.v.}
3:08pm

The walk to the pond is quiet, except for every now and then when Ethan would tell me to "keep up" and "stop being so slow."

Once we reach the large pool of water Ethan immediately goes to take his shirt off, I try to contain from blushing so I look away from him and towards the water. He was so ripped, he had to be on steroids.

"Do you think there's like, fish in there?" I ask him, trying to make conversation. He laughs at me. "I mean, probably. I've never noticed though."

I watch as he walks over towards the edge of a little wooden dock. He dives into the water and when his head pops back up he pushes his now soaked hair back and wipes his face. "You coming in or are you just gonna watch me?"

I smile and pull the hem of my shirt over my head, revealing the white bikini top I'd put on underneath. The way he was watching me made me nervous, but I unbuttoned my shorts and walked over to where Ethan had jumped off.

Sitting down, I poked a toe into the water. "The waters warm, Mia" Ethan tells me, swimming closer to the dock.

The water was warm actually and it was so clear that I could make out each and every pebble laying at the bottom. I let the sun soak into my skin for a moment, enjoying the heat and the nice breeze that came with it.

"Hi, earth to Mia. This friendship is very boring at the moment." Ethan says, breaking my trance. I roll my eyes at him, causing him to retaliate by splashing water at me.

"Hey!" I shriek, laughing at his immaturity. I stand up and plug my nose before doing a small cannonball into the water. "Happy now?" I ask him once my head resurfaces.

He nods and shoots me a smile, "very," he says, "because now I can do this." He ducks under water and grabs me by the ankle, pulling me under. I kick at him but he's now got me by the waist.

Once we emerge, Ethan is cracking up. I try to blow the water out of my nose but it only makes it worse. I give him a dirty look and begin to swim further away from him.

"Oh come on," he says as he follows me, "it was just a joke!" I splash water towards him, trying to keep him away. It doesn't work.

"You're such an ass!" I growl when he catches up to me. He smirks before grabbing at me again, but this time I wrap my legs around his waist and pull my arms around his head.

His smirk fades, catching me off guard. Was I too close? Did he not like this?

I thought it was kinda hot.

"What are you doing?" He asks, his voice raspier than before. I shrug and bite my lip. I could feel the sparks between us again, like I had that day in the hallway.

Shoot, shoot, shoot. Is this smart? Should I really be doing this?

"I don't know," I mumble, answering his question. My eyes fell to his lips and then up to his eyes, which were almost confused. I moved my arms from around his neck and grabbed his face with my hands.

Not waiting for a response I kissed him. At first there was a resistance, I could literally feel him frowning. I broke away and looked at him, his eyes were still open.

I unhooked my legs from around his waist and pulled myself onto land. "If I'm gonna kiss you, make sure you reciprocate properly." I day, turning back to look at him.

He rose from the water and towered over me. I'd never realized how much taller than me he was until now, I began to realize how stupid I was for challenging him. He could destroy me in a heartbeat.

His hands grabbed my face, replicating the move I had just done in the water. He pulled me to my tiptoes and returned it.

"Like that?" He asked me.

"I mean, it's better," I replied trying to catch my breath, "fuck it." I put my arm on his neck and pulled him down to my level.

Our mouths moved in sync with each other's when it suddenly didn't feel like enough. I want more. I pushed him back against a tree, causing him to growl deeply. He didn't move so I tiptoed up and leaned into his body, trying to get more from him.

I moaned at the lack of response, ready to stop, until his hand grabbed a handful of my hair. I gasped at how it was burning my scalp but his tongue quickly closed the gap between my lips.

I ran my hands up his hips towards his broad chest. Steroids or not, this was something I definitely wanted to touch.

Ethan's hands brushed against my hips, setting my skin on fire. I let out a squeal when he picked me up, his hands held my backside leaving my legs dangling over his hips.

I pulled away to take in a lung full of air as he laid me onto the grass before smashing my mouth back onto his. I smiled between nips and trailed my hands down towards the seam of his swim shorts.

"Mia," he whispered huskily.

"Stop me then," I whispered back, trying to challenge him.

"No, but not here." He says, picking himself up to his feet before grabbing our clothes that laid on the grass. I frowned, feeling defeated.

His shoulder was put into my waist as he hoisted me up over it, carrying me back to his car.

{ethan's p.o.v.}
4:12pm

"You okay?" I ask, glancing over at her as I drive away from our spot. "I don't know," she shrugs, "why are you being so weird now."

I squint my brows, "I'm not being weird, you're being weird!" She look at me with confusion spread across her face. "No I'm not, you haven't said a word since we got back in the car."

"You mean since we almost had sex?" I say, catching her by surprise. I pretend not to notice the blush that had fallen over her face. "Uh yeah, since that."

She's quiet for a few more minutes, "you just grabbed your clothes and me and then walked away," she starts, "I just feel like your using me or something."

Now that makes me laugh, really hard. Her blush deepens and I can tell she's getting frustrated. I've said it before and I'll say it again, she's hot when she's mad.

"There's literally no way I could be using you," I tell her, "in order to do that I'd actually have to be getting something from you."

I didn't mean it this way but I can tell it hurts her feelings. "Wait, I didn't mean it like that." I place my hand on her thigh. "Wanna go grab dinner or something?" I ask, hoping to ease the tension a bit.

She smiles up at me and nods. "Good, where do you wanna go?"

***

wowwww, it feels SO good to write again. hope y'all enjoy (: