10

same day
{ethan's p.o.v.}
2:37 pm

"Where are we going?" Mia asks, quickly opening the door to her bedroom. I shrug and throw myself onto her bed.

She places a hand on her hip. "Can you please think of something, I really didn't blow off actual plans so we could stand around and do nothing." I notice the look of agitation on her face and chuckle.

"Why are you so serious all the time? Just live in the moment." I lay flat on my back and turn my head to the side to look at her.

"The last time I did that you expected me to get half naked in my lacy underwear so I could go swimming with you." She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Touché" I wink at her as a smirk tugs on my lips.

She chuckles a little bit before plopping herself down on the bed next to me, turning her head slightly to face mine.

My breathe hitches a bit, I feel my cheeks warming up by the thought of how close we are to one another. I bite my lip, carefully studying each one of her beautiful features.

My thoughts keeps jumping to the night of the frat party, trying to make her jealous, feeling protective over her, kissing her...

God, what am I doing. I don't care about her like that, and I never will. It's just a game, Ethan. It's just a game.

"Wanna go back?" She asks, snapping me out of my trance.

I clear my throat and sit up in the bed while running a hand through my hair, "uh, yeah sure." I nod.

She shrugs, "we don't have to if you don't want to." I shake my head and squint my eyes at her.

"What? Why wouldn't I want to go?" I questioned her, I wouldn't have gone out of my way to make plans with her if I didn't want to go.

Her shoulders shrug again before an audible sigh slips through her lips, "I don't know, you just don't seem too interested."

The left side of my mouth lifts up into a smirk, "I'm definitely interested, it's not everyday you get to see a hot girl get half naked around you."
I knew the comment would piss her off, but I didn't care. She's kinda hot when she's annoyed.

I wink at her, causing her eyes to roll before she slaps me on the arm. "Shut up before I change my mind." She threatens me as she gets up from the bed and begins to dig through her dresser.

"What are you doing?" I ask, squinting in her direction.

"Uh, getting a bathing suit." She replies, her voice laced thick with attitude. "Now get out so I can change."

I groan before walking out of the door, "like I said, you're so serious all of the time."

same day
{mia's p.o.v.}
2:54 pm

My feet stick outside of the car window as Ethan drives. I glance my head over and look at his profile, still as perfect as always.

Something just doesn't feel right about all of this though. It's weird - he has this thing for me and he barely knows me, on top of that he's a total ass to me and then 5 seconds later he's sweet again.

As badly as I want to give up on this and as much as I know he's bad news, I can't keep my mind off of him.

When he's around every part of me is consumed by him. I could look at him and touch him forever and I'd probably die happy.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks, taking his eyes off the road for a split second to look at me.

I quickly turn my head away from his, not wanting him to know that I was staring at him like a freaking weirdo.

"Mia, you're not slick. I could see you looking at me from the corner of my eye." He chuckles a little bit, making my face go red.

"I'm just thinking about how I can't wait to get out of this car." I fabricate to him, not wanting to give him the slightest satisfaction he would receive from knowing that I was thinking about him.

"Well you're in luck," he says as he pulls into a familiar spot, "we're here."

—————————

sorry for such a short chapter, i'm kind of wanting to see how many people are actually wanting to read this series. if you like it please give it a vote and maybe leave a few comments, it all means the world to me. thank you guys for your support, i'll be back with a MUCH longer chapter soon. (: