ten.

"ELLIS, HAVE YOU MADE IT OUTSIDE?" Chloe's eyes shot open with an instant kick coming from the fast action

"ELLIS, HAVE YOU MADE IT OUTSIDE?" Chloe's eyes shot open with an instant kick coming from the fast action. She groaned and put her hand on her head as she tried to adjust her eyes to the bright sun that was shining directly onto her. Slowly, she turned her head to see the destruction that had been caused from what she last saw. She sat up and leaned against the wall of the building getting ready to reply when somebody cut her off.

"We gotta draw out the flyers. I'll take Vision, you get to the jet."

"No, you get to the jet," Chloe instantly recognized the voices as Steve and Sam making her close her eyes as she was hidden from the fight. "Both of you. The rest of us aren't getting out of here."

"As much as I hate to admit it, if we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it."

"This isn't the real fight, Steve."

"All right, Sam. What's the play?" Chloe furrowed her eyebrows at Steve's reply. For once, he wasn't taking charge in the incident which shocked her. Ever since she had known the guy, he had been the one to take charge. He ran things and made sure everyone was safe.

"We need a diversion. Something big."

"I got something kinda big. I won't be able to hold it for very long. On my signal, run like hell. And if I tear myself in half, don't come back for me." Lang had said through the ear piece making Chloe snap her head up and search the area for any sign of Lang. She then realized that he was in ant mode which made it impossible for her to see him from where she was standing. Tearing himself in half? Nobody understood what he meant leaving everyone clueless as to what Scott's plan was. Chloe froze as she watched a huge figure appear a few feet away from her. A small gasp escaped her lips as she saw Ant-Man now being this giant man like the Hulk.

"Chloe, are you outside?" Sam repeated his words in the piece making Chloe shake out of her trance and rise to her feet.

"Yeah, I'm outside, but not by the jet. I can see it, but I found a way out that didn't lead to the jet and it's kinda hard to find it when you don't know where you are going." She replied moving her body to face where she could see the tip of the jet sticking out in the distance.

"Get to the jet! Run like hell just like Lang said and meet us there." Steve ordered making the blonde start her sprint towards the jet. Luckily she was able to dodge things that were being thrown around. Debris from the impacts were coming her way along with smoke rolling from the fires that filled her vision and lungs. She started coughing when she spotted Steve and Bucky approaching the area with her on their tail but coming from the side of it. Her eyes flickered from the jet back to the fight when she saw Vision destroy a building that was getting ready to collapse in the entrance of the garage which only made Chloe push herself more to make it to the jet on time. She felt the same burning sensation run through her calves which made her wince from it.

The building was starting to go down as the three people started to run even more. Then, a red source came from under the collapse holding it up making Chloe slow down a little to look to the side and see Wanda on her knees, holding the building up with a small struggle. She looked up to see someone behind her sending waves towards her making her drop the power which also made Chloe start running towards the entrance praying she would make it in time. Her heart started pounding as her feet hit the ground at the same rate as her heart. She watched Bucky and Steve disapper under the debris as smoke clouded her, enveloping her like nothing.

She fell to the ground with a thud and a groan at the impact. She landed on her back as she coughed from the smoke filling up her lungs. She heard Steve's voice in her ear letting her know that he made it and, hopefully, Bucky also made it to the jet. Chloe started to lean up on her forearms to sit up straight when a pain shot through her left leg making her bite her bottom lip in pain. "Where are you, Ellis?" She heard Steve ask in a frantic upon not seeing her at the jet.

"I'm stuck. Just go without me and keep Bucky safe. I'll be fine." Everyone on their side could hear the pain in her voice as she replied to a worried Steve.

"Chloe-" Bucky started over the ear piece. The two men on the jet looked at each other as Chloe interrupted whatever he was about to say.

"I'm fine. I'll get out of here and see you two at some point. Stop worrying about me, and worry about keeping yourself safe, Bucky. Now, get the hell out of here, and Sam or someone else come help me get this thing off my leg." She moved her attention from Bucky back to herself and getting the heavy concrete off of her leg. Grunts escaped her as she tried pushing the block of concrete off of her leg even though she was too weak to push the thing off herself.

"Hey, sunshine." Sam landed inches away from her as he jogged up to her and started to examine what was happening to her leg. She gave up on even trying and decided to relax by leaning back on her palms. Sam was able to move the concrete a little making her scream with her mouth shut feeling the pain go through her leg once again.

Her hands flew over to Sam's stopping him from helping her as she tried to manage the pain. She kept her mouth shut to stop her from screaming out in pain. A loud rumble came from beneath them making both of them look up to see the jet take off over them, a small smile appearing on her face. "They made it." She breathed out before taking the technology out of her ear and laying it down next to her. She glanced from the jet to her leg before she looked back at Sam with a huff.

"Take it off. I'll bear the pain."

author's note
a double update in one day? kait you slick person who has way too much muse for this story and the next book. just a couple more chapters before this book comes to an end and that really breaks my heart, but get excited for the next book!