eleven.

CHLOE BRACED HERSELF AS SAM'S HANDS WRAPPED AROUND THE HUNK OF CONCRETE

CHLOE BRACED HERSELF AS SAM'S HANDS WRAPPED AROUND THE HUNK OF CONCRETE. Her teeth were digging into her bottom lip as she held herself up with only her palms. The sound of the jet was one of the only things you could hear other than extra fighting that was still going on. Sam glanced up at the blonde to see her eyes closed tightly making him sigh. "Here goes nothing." He mumbled as everyone on their side could hear what was going on. "Okay, Chloe, I'm gonna do this fast and not slow to the point where it feels like torture." All she did was nod as a reply instead of releasing her lip from between her teeth.

He grounded his feet into the pavement before he quickly lifted the concrete off of her leg. Chloe let out a loud scream as pain instantly shot through her leg giving her a short amount of time to even think about anything else. She cried out in pain loud enough for even Bucky and Steve to hear her cries over the ear piece. Tears burned her eyes as she tried to fight them back before suddenly Sam was on his feet and helping the girl up. He swung one of her arms over his shoulders as he held her up in order for them to move so he could get her any kind of help.

As she started to limp away from where she was once sitting, she spotted Wanda lying in Vision's arms making her heart flutter yet hurt at the same time. She smiled at the girl when she looked over and put her attention back on where her and Sam were going before they were stopped by the unknown person on Tony's side. "What the hell are you supposed to be?" She asked as she put more pressure onto her right leg, leaning on Sam for support.

"I'm Spider-Man."

"You sound like you're Spider-Boy." She replied narrowing her eyes at the boy with a spider on his suit.

"Yeah, whatever. I can't let you guys leave. Those were Mr. Stark's orders." He crossed his arms after shrugging and looked between the two. Chloe and Sam looked at each other with a sigh.

"I'm injured and I need a doctor. Surely Stark will understand that I need medical attention therefore I can leave." She spoke up breaking the silence between the three.

"No. I'll get you the help you need, but you won't be coming out of this not guilty." She heard a voice come from beside the group making her head turn to see Tony Stark lowering himself down in his suit. Her head dropped as she looked down at the foot that was hovering over the ground. Her leg felt like it was throbbing the longer she stood there and every second she could feel herself getting weaker. She put her head on Sam's shoulder as she felt her arm slowly fall down off of his shoulders.

"Chloe. Chloe. Stay with me." She heard Sam's voice making her eyes flutter open a little from the sound. Chloe found herself looking back down at her leg to see something sticking out of her leg with blood going through the pant leg. "I didn't even see that when I got the concrete off." He breathed out as he adjusted her on him. Tony's suit suddenly disappeared as he looked at the girl, his eyes filling with worry from seeing the blood. He knew that she didn't have any type of powers and was a regular person when he saw her state. The last thing Chloe saw was Sam's arm hook under her legs before everything went black.

THE SOUND OF THE BEEPING MACHINE AWOKE THE SMALL GIRL. Her eyes fluttered open once again to be met with the sound of the heart monitor. She looked down to see her leg in a cast making a small whimper go past her lips. She slowly lifted her head up to look at the ceiling when distinct footsteps were heard coming down the hallway. Chloe didn't bother looking, thinking it would be a nurse of some sort who would just come in to poke some needles in her and all.

The person who stood in the doorframe cleared their throat making the girl shift her eyes towards the door. She tried everything to adjust her eyes and to see who it was, but nothing was coming to mind. "Thought I would check up on you." A familiar girls voice sounded as the footsteps came closer making Chloe raise an eyebrow. Natasha Romanoff stepped into the light looking at the girl with her arms crossed over her chest. Natasha was one person Chloe didn't want to see. In fact, she didn't want to see anyone from Stark's side anymore. The only people she desired to see were the people trying to protect her.

"Well, you checked. You can go now." Chloe spat shifting her eyes back to the ceiling so she wouldn't have to look at the redheaded woman. She began to lift her hand to touch her head when it suddenly stopped making her turn her head. Her wrist was handcuffed to the hospital bed making a scoff release from her lips.

"Tony wanted to make sure you wouldn't run off. Right now he doesn't really trust anyone with what happened to Rhodey." Natasha informed as she made her way next to the girls bed.

"Where's Bucky?" The only person on her mind was Bucky. She didn't know exactly if he was safe and made it to wherever they were taking him. Her heart beat sped up as Natasha looked at her after taking a deep breath.

"Tony followed the jet to wherever Steve was taking him. He hasn't returned or called down to say anything. I don't really know anything." Chloe looked away from Natasha, taking a deep breath just like she had done minutes before. Her heart beat started to speed up, Natasha noticing from the way the monitor read. "Okay, calm down. I'm sure everything is fine and we'll get something soon."

Natasha leaned forward resting her own hand on top of the girls in an attempt to calm her heart rate down. Chloe didn't know Bucky from being with him like Steve did, but she knew enough from the stories and the searching she did over him.

Chloe met Natasha's eyes, her heart rate calming down from the touch and the look they shared. She saw it in the agent's eyes. Just by the look in Natasha's eyes, Chloe felt her heart breaking. She didn't have a good feeling about anything and the look in Natasha's eyes that she didn't know either broke Chloe even more.