Chapter 1: Lying & Ice Cream

~I do not own Lab Rats~

Chase's POV:

Achoo!

Ugh, that's the third time in an hour I've given out a snot cannon. At least I'm alone, but I have to hurry up. I don't want any of them finding out, so I rush to clean it up.

The rag has to be wrung out three times before it is all cleaned up, gross I know. I give a satisfied sigh as there is no proof left of the super sneeze that just took place. Just in time too, as the familiar ding of the elevator sounds, and my two siblings file out.

"Hey Chase," Bree smiles, but then gives me a confused look. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, you look funny," Adam adds.

"What? Me? Yeah, I feel fine!" I say while putting as much cheer into it as I can. "Great, actually!"

"Okay..." Bree gives me an odd looks, but just end up shaking it off.

"So, what's up?" I ask, hoping to move on from the previous topic.

"Nothing really," Bree shrugs." "We were just coming to see if you wanted to go see a movie with us and Leo."

"Um, no thanks."

"Come on Chase, don't be a part pooper," Adam says.

"I'm fine, thanks anyway."

"Please," Bree pleads.

"No, I'm sorry, but I don't want to."

"Come on, I-"

"No," I finally snap. Which causes Adam to sink back, obviously a bit hurt. "I'm sorry, but I'm not going."

"Alright," Bree gives in. "Let's go Adam." Bree tugs at Adam's arm, and they both leave without another word.

The truth is, I would love to go see a movie with them. But I don't want to risk exposing my bionics by glitching in front of anyone. I just don't want to tell anyone, they'll become over worried. Besides, I feel fine. So there's no need to worry.

The elevator opens up again, but this time, revealing Mr. Davenport.

"Chase?" I stop working on my late homework. I always cringe a bit at the word 'late.' At least it's not truly late, it was assigned for over our break, and I always finish it the the first day of break. This time, everything had happened, and I never got the chance to work on it. To me, it's late, even though we still have four more days of break.

"Earth to Chase." Mr. Davenport waves his hand in front of my face, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I snap back into reality.

"I was asking why you didn't go with Adam, Bree, and Leo?"

"I just wasn't interested," I shrug. "Besides, I've got to finish this." I point to the homework with my pencil.

"Come on a Chase, even I know that's not why you didn't."

"I just didn't want to go. Why is that such a problem?"

"Because, there's a reason you didn't want to go." I'm about to argue, but he keeps speaking before I can. "Don't say it's the homework, because I know it's not. It's a reason that you're not telling us."

"The truth is..." I try to come up with a believable lie. "I'm scared."

"Excuse me?" Mr. Davenport looks taken aback.

"Yeah, I fear that Douglas is waiting around every corner, coming back for me." Yep, that sounds believable enough.

"Oh Chase," he puts a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry about that, he's locked up securely, with no chance of breaking out."