Chapter 6: Hearing Loss

~I do not own Lab Rats~

Leo's POV:

"Chase!" I yell as Chase's eyes roll into the back of his head and he slumps forward.

"Leo? Leo what happened?" Big D asks, not being able to see back here.

"Chase just passed out."

"What? How?"

"I don't know."

"Watch him, I'm going to get us home before any questions are asked." I look out the window, and see that we are on the side of road, also a couple cars are pulling over near us. The semi that almost killed us, is impaled a lot in the front.

"Good idea," I agree. Big D quickly drives back onto the road, even though there are people coming our way.

"Wait, what are those people going to think?" Bree asks as we start heading home.

"Don't worry, if anything is to come up, I can make it go away." Of course he can, anyone could make anything go away with the amount of money he has.

For the rest of the ride, I watch over Chase to make sure he's alright. Only once did he start fall even farther forward. Finally, about five minutes from home, Chase begins to stir.

"Chase?" I move closer to him. "Are you alright? Can you hear me?" His eyes open, but he doesn't sit up. "Chase?" I move his shoulder to gain his attention, and this time he does look up at me.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I ask Chase, but he looks at me as if I'm speaking a foreign language. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He tilts his head and gives me a confused look, and then it changes to an annoyed one.

"Ha ha, very funny Leo, stop joking around. Actually speak and stop trying to trick me." Now it's my turn to give the confused look.

"What are you talking about? I'm not trying to trick you."

"Alright Leo, it was sort of funny at first, but can you stop now?"

"Um, Big D, I think we have a problem," I announce.

"What?" He looks into the mirror to see me.

"I don't think Chase can hear me."

"He's awake?"

"Yes, but I don't think he can hear."

"Oh no."

"Oh no? What's 'oh no'?" Bree asks, suddenly joining the conversation.

"His bionic hearing must be glitching."

"Great," I mumble.

"What was that Leo?"

"Nothing!"

"That's what I thought."

"So, what do we do?" Bree asks.

"For now, we might just have to wait it out until I find the source of his glitching. Make sure he knows what's happening." I look over at Chase, who has a partially scared look on his face.

"You're not tricking me, are you?" He asks me nervously, and I nod. "I really can't hear anything," I nod again. "Am I glitching?" More nodding. "Oh, great," Chase grumbles.

"It'll be okay," I try to comfort him.

"See, I don't even know a word that you just said." I realize that the only way to communicate with Chase is either with sign language, or writing down what I'm saying. Since I know no sign language whatsoever, I decide to write it down.