Chapter 7: Don't Speak

~I do not own Lab Rats~

Bree's POV:

I am, surprisingly, the first one up the next day. Chase is usually the first, but after yesterday, I can understand why he's not today.

I slowly step out of my capsule, yawning in the process. Realizing my hair's a mess, I type a few things in the cyber desk and go back into my capsule. After a couple seconds, I'm fully dressed and my hair's perfect.

Being the nice sister that I am, I decide not to wake Adam or Chase up. Instead, I head upstairs.

"Morning, Bree," Tasha greats me from the kitchen. Mr. Davenport is also there, but sitting at the dining table sipping coffee while reading the newspaper, while Tasha is currently at the stove making breakfast for us. I guess Leo isn't up yet, no surprise there.

"Morning," I smile back as I look at the time. The clock reads 8:16 AM, at least it isn't as early as I originally thought.

"Are you hungry, Bree?" Tasha asks as she stacks pancakes on a plate.

"Starving," I laugh.

"Well, here you go." I graciously take the plate from Tasha.

"Thanks." I take the plate and set it down on the table as I go to the fridge to grab the juice. I take out the orange juice, right as the elevator door opens revealing a frantic Adam.

"Adam? Are you alright?" Tasha asks.

"What? Me, yes. Chase, no." My eyes widen, and apparently this has caught his attention too.

"What's the problem?" Mr. Davenport asks urgently, as he placed down his mug and the newspaper while standing up.

"He. Loud. Ears. Hearing. Glitch." I don't understand him, but Mr. Davenport does as he now shares Adam's frantic look. He quickly runs to the elevator, so I decide that I should too. Adam stays behind, probably for the pancakes.

"Mr. Davenport, you seem to understand better than I do. What's going on?" I ask while raising an eyebrow.

"I think he was saying that Chase's hearing is glitching."

"But it already was."

"Yeah, this is what I'm a little confused about. I guess we'll find out," Mr. Davenport says as the elevator opens in front of us.

Nothing looks different in the lab, except for when my sight lands on Chase. He's currently in a fetal position on the floor, in between him and Adam's capsules. His hands are covering his ears, and his eyes are scrunched together, as if he's in pain.

Immediately Mr. Davenport and I are at his side. Well, he is, I'm more off to the side as only one of us can reach him.

"Chase," he says softly as he slowly tries to pry Chase's hands from his ears. He won't budge. "Come on Chase, remove your hands." He still won't move.

"Let me try," I offer. Mr. Davenport sighs, but backs away so I can get in. "Chase?" I give a small smile as I whisper. "Could you nicely remove your hands from your ears?"

Chase looks up at me with sad eyes, but does nothing. "Please, Chase." His eyes looks back and forth, but uncovers his ears.

"See? Isn't that better," I ask. Instantly Chase's hands go back to his ears, and he cringes. "Oh, I'm sorry, I-" Wait, I think I know the problem now.

"Mr. Davenport, I think I know what's wrong now."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I think instead of not being able to hear. Chase can hear again, but everything's much louder."