Chapter 2: Frustration

~I do not own Lab Rats~

Chase's POV:

After getting the final paper, my glitching slowed down, until right when I finished. Now, objects are flying around the lab, and I can't stop them no matter what I try.

The sudden sound of the approaching elevator startles me, and right before it opens, everything stops and falls to the ground with a thud.

"Hey Chase, dinner's..." Bree trails off noticing the mess around the lab. "What happened in here?"

"Um..." I fumble for an answer. "I got...frustrated."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, I got really stressed and frustrated. I guess I just glitched a bit."

"A bit?! Chase, this place is like a disaster zone!"

"I'll clean this up, I promise. Just please, please, don't tell Mr. Davenport, or anyone for that matter." I practically get in a begging position at Bree's feet.

"Chase, I-"

"Please, Bree."

"Alright..."

"Just give me five minutes, and then I'll be up."

"Okay, five minutes," Bree puts up five fingers to emphasize.

"Thank you," I stand up straight. Bree heads upstairs without another word.

My molecular kinesis got me into this mess, so I'll jab to use it to get out of it. Without glitching, I'm able to lift up each object and place it back where it belongs.

After five minutes, everything is where it's supposed to be. Like nothing ever happened.

The whole elevator ride up, my nerves cause me to shake a bit. I just don't want to glitch in front of them. When the elevator finally stops and opens, I put on a smile and take my seat at the table.

"Nice of you to join us Chase," Tasha smiles.

"Yeah, what were you doing down there anyway?" Leo asks, grabbing a roll from the basket.

"Homework," I easily say, and then take a bite of my chicken.

"Is that all you were doing?" Bree asks, giving me a suspicious look. I know what she's doing. She's trying to get me tell them what happened with my bionics, but she can't make me.

"Yes, Bree, only homework," I hiss and give her a glare. She just rolls her eyes.

"Okay..." Leo says awkwardly.

"So, how was the movie?" I ask, hoping to change the topic.

"Awesome!" Adam cheers, spitting some of his mash potatoes on the table.

"Adam!" Tasha yells.

"That's disgusting!" Bree complains, wiping off the mash potato that hit her.

"Sorry," Adam apologizes, but just ends up spitting even more.

"Adam, swallow your food before speaking," I explain. He nods, but doesn't say anything.

We finish our meal in peace, but during it I glitched a few times. First, Bree's fork started floating, so I had to say I was just joking around to avoid any suspicions. Next, I felt a sneeze coming on, so I had to excuse myself from the table and run into the bathroom. I ended up sneezing into the tissue box, wait a waste. The third and last time was the worst.

My force field glitched, and the table did a sudden jolt, shocking everyone. I didn't know how to explain what happened, so I acted as if it never happened. After a minute of being shocked, surprisingly, they all just shrugged it off. Probably thinking someone just kneed the table by mistake.