Chapter 4: Gala Glitch

~I do not own Lab Rats~

Chase's POV:

*ten minutes earlier*

"Bree?" I say to myself as I watch her run out of the room after that girl. I carefully lift up the tablecloth, and crawl out from the table I was hiding under. The only reason I saw her, is because I heard the crash and was curious. I did never see what had actually happened.

Now I'm following her out of the room. I use my head sensor to find her, but she's in the bathroom. Not matter what anyone says or does, I'm not going in there. So, I wait.

The whole time, I hear constant sniffling.

Finally, after fifteen minutes, Bree emerges from the bathroom. Bree, however, wasn't the one crying like I thought, but the girl she has her arm around. The sequins from Bree's dress in the light, which cause me to have a difficult time seeing the girl's face.

I can partially see some freckles place on the girl's cheeks. She looks over at me questionably.

"Chase?" Bree says, giving me a weird look. "What are doing here?"

"Oh, I, uh," I take a deep breath. "I thought it was you who was crying, and that you were the source of the crash." I look down at my shoes.

"What?" Bree asks shocked.

"Sorry, I think I'll just..." I slowly start to turn and walk away, but Bree grabs my arm with her free one.

"Wait, Chase," Bree pulls me back over.

"What?"

"Could you, do something for me?"

"What...?" I give her a suspicious look. She then uses her eyes to gesture to the sniffling girl.

"No, I'm sorry Bree, I will not-"

"You just need to keep her company. It's not like I'm asking you to dance with her."

"But Bree-"

"Please, Chase." I sigh, and nod my head.

"Fine."

"Thank you!" Bree smiles at me. She then carefully shakes the girl to get her attention, as she had been oblivious to the conversation.

"Huh?" She looks at Bree through her tear-stained face.

"Paula, this is Chase," Bree introduces. "Chase, this is Paula."

"Hi," she shyly says.

"Hi," I mumble.

"Great, now you two know each other," Bree smiles at us before shoving us in the direction of the room.

"Sorry about her," I apologize to Paula as we go into the room.

"It's fine," she sniffles. We both head over and take a seat at one of the tables, and facing the dance floor. "So, she's your sister?"

"Yeah."

"Cool, I have a brother."

"So do I."

"I actually already knew that," Paula bites her lip.

"Oh, Bree told you?"

"Yeah."

"That's okay," I shrug. The song playing through the speakers changes into a faster, more happy song. Everyone on the dance floor starts dancing like their having so much fun, but I'm okay with not being involved.

"You don't dance, do you?" Paula suddenly asks me.

"No."

"Me neither." A big smile spreads across her face. "Then let's." She stands up, grabs my hand, and pulls me up from my seat.