Chapter 5: Finding Out

~I do not own Lab Rats~

*Warning: Feels!*

Bree's POV:

"Then where is Chase?" Mr. Davenport asks, giving Leo and I a hard stare.

"Um, well..." I stumble on my wording.

"You don't have a clue do you?"

"Not one."

"Alright, what happened? My security cameras alerted me, and I decided to check it out alone when I saw it had to due with you four. I never got the chance to rewind and see, because I warned to catch up to you. Now, explain." Mr. Davenport crosses his arms.

"Well, you see this girl I met, Paula, was trying to get Chase to dance. Well, he kept denying and I guess, just used his molecular kinesis on her, making her slam into a table." I bite my lip, and worry about his reaction.

"What?!" I could swear that Mr. Davenport's eyes were about to bulge out of their sockets.

"Well, I'm not 100% sure, but from what from understand, that's what happened."

"Do you know anything Leo?"

"No, not really," Leo says quietly.

"Alright," Mr. Davenport combs his fingers through his hair. "First, do any of you have the slightest idea of where he is?"

"I do," a voice answers from behind us, making Leo jump and I chuckle. Mr. Davenport tilts his head to see, but Leo and I have to turn around. It's Adam!

"Adam, you know where Chase is?" I ask, and Adam nods slowly.

"Well, where is he?" Mr. Davenport asks, but Adam just gives a confused look.

"Where who is?"

"Chase," Mr. Davenport says slowly, yet firm.

"Oh, right, follow me." Adam gives the gesture with his right hand for us to follow, and we obviously do.

Adam ends up leading us out of the building and into the back, which is where the garden is.

Achoo!

A sneeze catches our attention, and we barely have enough time to duck, as a large mass of mucus head our way.

"Ugh, this is so gross," Leo complains. Apparently, he didn't get the chance to duck and is covered head to toe in snot. "I'm going to go see if I can get some of this off, good luck." Leo gives a wavering smile, before he goes back into the building.

"Well, my guess would be that the location of where that sneeze cake from, will be where we will find Chase." I look to Adam for confirmation, but he's too distracted by a bumblebee that has placed itself on a nearby tulip.

"I think you're right," Mr. Davenport points in the direction that the sneeze came from. I follow the direction and see a hand peeking out of a bush.

I start to walk forward, but Mr. Davenport places his arm across my stomach, holding me back. I look up at him confused.

"Can you just stay here with Adam, while I go talk to him, okay?" He gives me a slightly sad smile.

"But, I-"

"Please, Bree."

"Okay."

"Thanks."

~

Mr. Davenport's POV:

I carefully creep over to where Chase has situated himself. When I get there, he has his legs bent up against his stomach and is cradling his legs. His face is tear-stained, and I wonder what's truly happening.