The Silence

Coiny felt a shudder run down his spine, as he and Peppermint followed Pin deeper into the dark store. He wanted to walk closer to Pin to comfort her, but he held himself back, as Peppermint trotted beside her.

   "Are you okay?" Peppermint asked her. "Not really." Pin confessed, shivering nervously. Peppermint put his arm around her. "You will be fine." He reassured Pin. Pin smiled at him. 

  Coiny suppressed a growl. He fumed with jealousy. "He thinks that he can just step all over me!" Coiny thought angrily. "I could care less if he saved my life." He grumbled to himself. 

  Fuzz seemed to enjoy the newcomer, Coiny still didn't fully trust him, and Pin was treating him as if he was her own family. Pin was holding Peppermint's hand, looking a bit more cheerful. "Thank you." She murmured to him. Coiny stopped himself from rolling his eyes with annoyance.

   "Ummm..Pin," Coiny started. Pin turned around. "Yes, Coiny?" "Can I talk to you in private?" Coiny asked, flashing a glance at Peppermint. "What is so important between us that Peppermint can't hear it?" Pin asked, worry lighting her eyes.  

   "It's not that bad or anything." Coiny reassured her. "Okay, we can talk." Pin decided, following Coiny into the food aisle. "I don't think we can trust Peppermint." Coiny started. Pin's eyes were wide with disbelief. "I trust him with my life!" She snapped. Coiny flinched, feeling horribly hurt. But, he pressed on. "I still don't trust him," He said. "Peppermint just came out of nowhere." "What if he's working with Needle?" Coiny knew deep in his heart that these were not the reasons that he wanted Peppermint gone.

  "Pin's growing way too close to him." Coiny thought, feeling his heart break a little at the thought of the two objects holding hands. Pin looked at him, sympathy in her eyes. "I understand." She said, at last, before walking back to where Peppermint was waiting. 

  Peppermint's eyes were wide with terror, as he faced a dark shape. Pin hid behind him in fear. Coiny stared, wide eyed at the creature. It was merely a shadow. It was not anything else. "Get away, before I make you!" The thing snarled. "Why would we listen to you?" Peppermint asked coolly. The dark creature looked startled that Peppermint had not been frightened by it. Pin stared at Peppermint in admiration. Coiny clenched his fists together, as a terrible pang of jealousy shot though him. "She's supposed to look at me like that!" He thought. 

   However, his thoughts switched back to the shadowy thing in front of them. "What are you?" Peppermint demanded. The creature paused. "I am the Silence." It answered at once "I listen only to Needle." The thing explained. "Needle?" Coiny looked at the thing. "Needle couldn't be this evil!" He thought with a horrible feeling that it was true. But, just then, the creature disappeared at it's finally words of confession. "I knew that this shadow thing was going to appear." Pin confessed at once. "That's why i was shuddering when we first entered the room. Coiny couldn't be angry with her, he was too exhausted from the encounter with the evil creature of Needle's that he just flopped down next to a shelf and slipped into a deep sleep.