The Confession

Coiny's legs ached, as he, Pin, and Maple trudged on through the forest. Peppermint had done what he promised, and told Coiny which path to take. Pin was back in the lead again, Maple walking at her side. The sight surprised Coiny. "She's learning things very fast." He thought. Maple could even talk fluently, despite being only a few months old. 

  "Are you sure that this is the right path?" Pin's question jolted Coiny from his thoughts. "Of course!" Coiny couldn't stop himself from stammering a bit. Pin looked at him with suspicion, but carried on down the trail. Stars glittered in the night sky. Maple seemed to be staring at them, concentrating very hard. Coiny decided to leave her to it. 

 He had been hearing voices in his head a lot lately. Coiny had guessed that it was just Peppermint messing with his mind. "Talk to Pin!"  A voice urged him. He wanted to listen to it. But, now, being with Pin was impossible. "She already has a child with Peppermint." Coiny told himself. "Stop trying to win her love!" He slapped himself on the arm. "Hiding your feelings isn't very good for you." The voices whispered again. 

   Coiny decided that the voices were right. He walked up to Pin. "H..Hey." He said, trying to stop himself from shivering. Pin looked at him. "Are you okay?" She asked. "You messed up already, Coiny!" He thought, immediately slapping himself in the arm again. Pin watched him hurt himself. "You're not alright." She decided, giving him a stern look. Maple was looking at Coiny with wide, sympathetic eyes. 

  "Don't worry, Coiny," Maple whispered to him. "I won't tell her." Surprise jolted through Coiny's body. "Does she know?"  Coiny thought,  shivering in panic. Maple didn't say anything more. "Do you need to rest, Coiny?" Pin asked him, clearly worried. "I'm fine." Coiny assured her. "He couldn't stop the sweat from dripping down his face. "You know that you can tell me if something's bothering you, right?" Pin asked him. "Should I tell her now?"  Coiny asked himself. 

  "O..Of course I can tell you anything." He tried to laugh, but he felt like he had something caught in his throat. "Are you sick?" Pin started questioning him."N..No.." Coiny assured her. "Just tell me, please!" Pin sounded desperate. "I need to know what's wrong so I can help."

   "I..um..." Coiny started, a blush crawling across his face. "I...l..like you." He admitted. "I knew that." Pin told him. "I knew that you were friends with me." "N..No.. Pin..it's not like that." Coiny stammered.  "I....I love you." He confessed, exhaling, as if he could hardly breathe until now. Pin stared at him in disbelief. "I love you too.." She whispered. Coiny felt so relieved, walking beside Pin, as they walked along the trail. 

   (Here you go, peeps! Chapter 11! Also, thank you all for almost 1k reads! :3)