The Tunnel

Coiny peered into the dark forest ahead of them. "Is this really the right way?"  He asked himself, staring into the darkness. "You're worried." Pin told him. "We can stop if you want." "N..No," Coiny stammered. "We can still go on."

   Pin held Coiny's hand to comfort him, as they walked into the forest. Fuzz and Maple were trailing behind them. They pushed past bushes. The path wasn't as clear as Coiny expected. "Mama," Maple's voice was shaking. "C..Coiny." 

  Pin turned around to face her daughter. "Yes, Maple?" She responded to her. "I can sense objects." Maple squeaked. "You can?" Pin asked her. Maple nodded, leading them over to a large bush. 

  "Where are the objects?" Coiny asked, looking around the area. "I don't know." Pin replied. "Maple, where are they?" Maple turned her head to the bush. "There!" She pointed at it. Pin went over to it, inspecting it carefully. "I don't even sense anything." She said, after a moment. 

  "I swear that I sensed objects!" Maple insisted. Coiny stared at her with confusion. "Can you find them for us?" He asked her. "Of course!" Maple squeaked. She started looking all around the bush. 

  Soon, she pushed her way inside of it. "I can't find any-" Maple was cut off, as she fell into a hole, clinging to the edge. "Maple!" Coiny screamed, trying to pull her up. "Something's trying to pull me down!" Maple whimpered in fear. 

  "You can't just escape!" Coiny heard a voice yell. "You need to stay and help us!" It sounded familiar to him. "Was that, Eraser?" Pin asked, immediately recognizing the voice. Coiny perked up. "Eraser is down there?" He sounded a bit excited, still trying to get Maple out of the hole.  "Let her go, Eraser!" Another voice demanded. "Leafy!" Pin sounded overjoyed. 

   Coiny had no time to concentrate on Pin.  His only goal was to save Maple from falling. But, he fell backward, letting go of Maple. "Coiny!" "Help!" Maple screamed. Her desperate cries were nothing more than an echo, as she was dragged farther into the hole. "Maple!" Coiny yelled, running toward the hole.  

  Pin grabbed his hand swiftly, and made her way, carefully down the hole. Coiny grasped on to the tiny gaps in the brick wall, hoping that he wouldn't fall. He could soon see the bottom. Light shone from the bottom of the hole. Eraser and Leafy helped Coiny and Pin to land carefully. 

  Maple was staring at Leafy and Eraser in anger. "Why did you drag me down here?" She demanded. "Eraser insisted that you had to help us escape." Leafy rolled her eyes. "Escape?" Coiny was confused. "Aren't you following Needle?" "Actually, it was Needle who trapped us down here." Leafy explained, her voice bitter.

  "Apparently, we are disloyal, or something." Eraser muttered. "What did you do?" Pin asked, narrowing her eyes, as she stared at Leafy. "Well, you probably know this," Leafy started. "But, Needle is very cruel."  "She forced weaker objects, like Ice Cube and Teardrop to stay in an underground tunnel prison." Leafy continued. 

  "We tried to help Teardrop and Ice Cube escape, but Needle caught us, and threw us down here." Eraser cut in, finishing the story for Leafy. Leafy's eyes lit up in guilt. "I'm so sorry Pin." She murmured. Coiny wasn't listening to Leafy. His eyes were fixed on Eraser. 

  "Where is Snowball?" He asked. "He wanted to help Ice Cube and Teardrop too, right?" Coiny tried so hard to believe it. "No." Eraser shook his head solemnly. "He is too fiercely loyal to Needle." Coiny's mind was sent back to their hangout. That was when Snowball had confessed his love for Needle to all of his friends. "He loves her too much." Coiny decided after a moment. Eraser nodded slightly, as if he agreed. 

  "Needle muttered something before she threw us down here." Coiny heard Leafy speaking to Pin.  He started listening intensely. "She said something about an orb." Leafy sounded confused. "An orb?" Coiny thought. "Maple mentioned something about an orb in that dream that I had a few weeks ago." 

  "Leafy?" Coiny tried to get her attention. "Yes, Coiny?" Leafy turned around to face him. "I had a dream, and Maple said something about an orb." He told her. "You did?" Pin sounded surprised. "Why didn't you tell me?" Coiny looked guilty. "Well, I didn't want to scare you or anything." He explained. "Understandable." Pin responded, after a few seconds. 

  "Maybe the orb can get us out of here!" Leafy guessed, excitement filling her voice. "Then, we should find it." Pin decided, taking the lead, as the five objects, and Fuzz headed down the tunnel. 

   (Sorry for the week delay! I still hope that you enjoy this chapter. I'm pretty sure it's the longest one yet! :3)