The Journey

It took about three months for Coiny and Pin to continue on with their journey. At first, Pin had refused to leave the place where Peppermint died. But, she eventually took a rest from the grieving, and let them move on. Coiny lead the way, as Pin was still not emotionally strong enough to lead again. This saddened Coiny. "She must be still grieving for Peppermint if she doesn't have the mental strength to lead!" Coiny thought, glancing back at Pin. 

   She was walking slowly behind him. It was as if she was afraid of something. "She does predict things quite often." Coiny told himself. "That means something bad might happen soon!" He was panicking in his head. "She isn't even shivering, like usual when she predicted a disaster happening." He observed, feeling puzzled. Coiny decided to ask her what was wrong.

  He walked over to Pin. "Are you alright?" Coiny asked her. "Y..Yeah." Pin stammered. "I'm fine." Coiny stared at her with disbelief. "No you're not." He pressed on. "I can tell." Pin looked away. "Just leave me alone." She murmured, though she didn't sound annoyed or angry. 

  Coiny just turned away from Pin, taking the lead again. Pin still followed him slowly. "Can we take a break?" She asked Coiny. "My stomach is hurting again." Coiny nodded, though he was slightly annoyed that they had to stop again just because Pin's stomach was hurting. She had stopped them plenty of times for that very reason.

  Pin even became exhausted quicker than before. "Grief doesn't cause this." Coiny decided, a feeling of dread piercing his heart. He looked at Pin, feeling horribly sad. "Whatever pain she is going through must be horrible." He thought, trying to sleep. 

  When he woke up, Pin was gone. Coiny thought that he had heard footsteps when he was half asleep. "She couldn't have gone far." He thought, remembering how slow that Pin had walked before. Coiny glanced around the area. There was still no sign of Pin. "She didn't abandon me." Coiny tried to reassure himself. Even the thought of that possibility seemed to make his eyes water. He looked around the forest, searching for at least one sign of his friend. 

  "C..Coiny.." He heard a weak gasp. "Pin?" He called, glancing around the side of a tree to see her laying there. She looked tired, but healthy. She was holding a small object in her arms. It was alive! Coiny stared at her in bewilderment. "Y...You were pregnant?" He asked. Pin didn't reply. All she did was stare at her child, pain and love in her eyes.  

  "Peppermint is the father, right?" Coiny asked, a hint of sadness in his voice. Pin nodded, trying to stand up. "She looks exactly like you." Coiny pointed out, grabbing Pin's hand so that she wouldn't fall over. Pin smiled. "I know that I'm not the father," Coiny started. "But, I will do everything in my power to protect this child." He promised. 

  Pin blinked at him with affection. "Thank you." She whispered. "Her name is Maple." Pin informed him. "I think there is something special about her." She continued. Coiny tilted his head in confusion. "How do you know?" He asked. "I can feel it, Coiny." Pin answered. "I can feel a lot of things." She confessed. "I don't know why or how, but I was just born that way." 

  Coiny hardly listened to Pin's explanation of how she received her power. he could only stare at Maple, who seemed to be smiling at him. Coiny smiled back. "Don't worry little one, I will protect you with my life." 

  (Sorry, that was pretty short. I hope you enjoyed the new chapter, and the new plot twist! :3)