The Orb

The five objects, and Fuzz started sprinting down the tunnel. "Are we reaching the end yet?" Maple asked, becoming impatient. "Soon." Leafy tried to assure her. Coiny and Pin were panting, as they ran down the long hall. "We don't even know where the orb is." Coiny pointed out, suddenly. "Maple, do you know?" Pin turned to her daughter. 

  Maple shook her head. "I can't sense anything." Eraser groaned. "Can't your magical child help us for once?" He asked. "Maple is trying her best!" Coiny immediately snapped at his friend. Eraser didn't look hurt. He just turned away from Coiny.

   "Who even is her father, Pin?" Leafy asked. "Is it Coiny?" She added, a hint of amusement in her voice. Pin blushed slightly. "N..No." She answered. "Her father is an object called Peppermint." 

  "Peppermint?" Leafy tilted her head. "I've never met him before." She told them, re-lighting her candle. 

   "Well, he's dead." Coiny informed her. Leafy gasped, almost dropping her match on the ground. "That's horrible!" "Did Needle kill him?" She asked. "No," Coiny answered. "He fell off of a cliff." 

  "What?" Maple sounded confused. "My father visits me in my dreams, and he told me that he died an honorable death, protecting you and my mother from the Silence." Coiny stared at her. "He's lying." His voice was almost a whisper. "Your mother saw him die." 

  "If he's such a liar, why do you talk to him in your dreams?" Maple argued. Coiny sighed. "He said that he would stay away from your mother if I did everything that he said." He answered. "Let's just stop talking about Peppermint." Pin interrupted. "I no longer have any feelings for him." 

 Everyone stayed quiet for a few moments, before they saw a faint glow at the end of the tunnel. "Is that the orb?" Eraser perked up, finally speaking again. "Maybe." Leafy guessed. 

 Coiny stared at the light. He started to go closer to it. But, Maple pulled him back. "I can't go with you." Maple told him. "Why not?" Coiny asked her. "You have to escape too." 

  "I..I already told my mother that I was staying here." Maple continued. "I just feel like I am needed here." Coiny nodded slowly. He felt like something was caught in his throat. "Maple is like a daughter to me." "I don't want to leave her here."  He thought.

"Goodbye." Maple wished them farewell. "I hope that you can escape safely." The four objects walked closer to the light, until they came upon a bright sphere. 

  The orb glowed intensely. Light bounced off the walls of the room. "Should we touch it?" Pin asked, turning to Leafy and Eraser. "Sure." Eraser shrugged, slowly lowering his hand onto the orb.  Coiny, Pin, Leafy, and Fuzz did the same. A jolt of light hit Coiny, slamming him against the wall. 

  But, it wasn't the tunnel wall at all. It was a stone fence. He peeked around the wall. The gate was open. He saw a clearing. "Are we here?" Leafy asked, sounding dizzy. Coiny saw objects walking around the clearing, immediately recognized Snowball, Lollipop, and Needle in the crowd. "Yes, Leafy," He answered. "We are here."

  (I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! The story will be over soon. The next chapter will most likely be the last. I hope you all enjoyed the story, even if it will be ending very soon. :3)