The Traitors

Coiny eventually woke up from his nap inside of the store. Pin woke him up to tell him that Peppermint had discovered something horrible. "Of course he has to be the one to discover something important." Coiny grumbled. Pin didn't seem to hear him, as they both walked toward where Peppermint was waiting. "Hey, Pin," Coiny started. Pin looked at him. "What is it?" She asked. "What do you plan on doing after we figure out what Needle is doing?" Coiny questioned her. "I don't know, honestly," Pin replied. "But, I do really like Peppermint." Coiny felt his heart breaking, but he tried to look enthusiastic. "I know you don't trust him," Pin continued. "But, he did save our lives." 

     "I guess he is nice." Coiny pretended to agree. "That's the spirit!" Pin smiled. Then, they neared the spot where Peppermint was standing, holding a note in his hand. Coiny snatched it from him, and started to read it aloud. 

                                                                                   Dear, Friends

 I am Needle, a well known BFDI contestant and citizen of Goiky. However, our "friends" in Goiky have betrayed us all. I have decided to take a stand against these objects. But, I will need some help from any of you who are willing to follow me. If you want to come with me on a quest to create a world just for yourself and your friends, sign your name below. 

                                                                             Names:

                                                                                Match

                                                                                Pencil

                                                                                 Snowball

                                                                                   Ice Cube

                                                                                    Lollipop

                                                                                      Firey

                                                                                       Leafy

                                                                                       Eraser

      "Those objects are traitors!" Coiny was enraged. "Leafy?" Pin sounded horribly betrayed. "I thought she was my friend!" She turned to Peppermint, letting him comfort her. Coiny had no time to feel jealous. Snowball and Eraser were following Needle. "Did they ever care about me at all?" He asked himself. Peppermint glanced from Coiny to Pin. "I guess we should stop Needle before she recruits more objects." He decided. Coiny hated to admit that Peppermint was right. "Good idea." He decided after a few moments.

      "Come on." Pin told them, as she lead them outside of the store, where a forest stretched for miles. "Did we sleep all day or something?" Coiny asked, looking up at the dark sky. "You did!" Pin teased, shoving him playfully. Coiny smiled, relieved that Pin wasn't talking to Peppermint right now. "I have a feeling that something terrible will happen in this forest." Pin shuddered suddenly. "How do you know?" Coiny asked. "I just do, okay." Pin answered, sounding a bit annoyed out of nowhere. Coiny felt hurt, but he continued on, pretending that nothing had happened. 

     Then, Pin was beside Peppermint once again. They seemed to be deep in conversation. Coiny didn't want to interrupt, but he did not want them to get too close either. He searched around for something to throw. "Maybe this will distract them!" Coiny decided, picking up a rock and tossing it into a bush. Pin leaped back in surprise. "What was that?" Peppermint asked, though his voice was not quivering. "Probably the terrible thing that Pin was talking about." Coiny answered coolly. Pin glared at him. "I know you threw that rock." She told him, before walking back over to Peppermint.

   Coiny sighed. He wanted Pin to love him, but instead, he was driving her away. Then, he noticed that Peppermint had left Pin's side and was walking beside him now. "What do you want?" Coiny asked, barley looking at Peppermint. "How did you get such a beautiful friend?" Peppermint asked him. "Beautiful?" Coiny thought. "He really does love Pin!" "Uh...I don't know..." He stammered. "Well, you are very lucky." Peppermint told him, before walking back over to Pin.

    Suddenly, Coiny heard something in the bushes. "It's probably just the wind." He murmured to himself. Then, shadowy figure emerged from the darkness. "It's the Silence!" Coiny yelled a warning. Peppermint actually looked terrified for once, but Pin did not. "It's the terrible thing!" She informed them. "I knew that noises attract the terrible thing!" Pin cast a glare at Coiny. Coiny felt horrible. He had put his friend in danger because of his own jealousy. They started to run, crashing through the forest. But, in a moment Coiny could not see anything, and the world went black.   

   (Sorry for not posting a new chapter in a while! I wasn't busy or anything. I just kinda forgot to make it. I still hope you enjoy!)