The Escape

Coiny blinked open his eyes. He seemed to be surrounded by darkness, and laying in a very uncomfortable bed. Coiny let his eyes adjust to the dark, and peered around at the prison that he was locked in. Panic jolted through him, as he realized that Pin was not with him. Peppermint wasn't there either. Coiny looked around frantically for an exit, pulling on the bars of the prison cell desperately.

    His memory seemed to be coming back to him, as he tried to pull off the bars. He suddenly remembered that the Silence had captured him. His heart lurched. "This happened because of me." Coiny thought. "It happened because I was too jealous." Now, Pin could be in danger, getting hurt or even killed by the Silence. 

  Coiny's thoughts were cut off, at an ominous whisper. "What do you want?" Coiny asked, attempting to sound intimating. "I just want to help you,"The voice came again. "By ridding you of the other two." It snarled. "Leave Pin alone!" Coiny demanded, realizing that the Silence was standing right in front of him. 

  "Aren't you more concerned about yourself?" The Silence asked with a confused growl. "If you really are concerned for yourself, you would know not to protest against me." It snarled ominously. Coiny frowned. "What makes you think that I don't care about Pin?" He asked the Silence, trying not to lose his temper. 

    "You didn't care too much when you threw the rock that attracted me." The Silence taunted him. "You were blinded by jealousy, putting your friend in danger for your own selfish needs." Coiny wanted to argue, but he couldn't. He knew that what the Silence said was true. "J..Just let me go!" Coiny stammered the demand. 

  "Isn't it more fun to find your own way out?" The Silence laughed evily. Coiny reached his hand through the bars, trying to feel for a lock. There was a key underneath the bed, but he wasn't sure that it would fit through the gap in the lock. He shakily put the key into the gap, turning it slowly. The bars lifted up, disappearing into the ceiling. Coiny, almost sprinted out, before hearing a faint meow behind him. He turned to see Fuzz curled up underneath the bed. 

   Coiny snatched up his cat, and ran swiftly out of the opening. He heard the Silence snarl with annoyance, as it chased after him. He burst out of the door of the building, trying his best to keep his balance, when he landed on the grass. "Coiny!" Pin pushed her way out of a bush that she was hiding in. "You made it!" She hugged him quickly. Peppermint soon emerged after a few moments. 

  Coiny grabbed Pin's hand and sprinted away, his heart pounding in his chest. Peppermint picked Fuzz up, and followed them. The Silence was gaining on them. The dark creature was moving swiftly behind them. Relief flooded over Coiny, as he saw a small, flimsy bridge just ahead. "The bridge would crumble from the Silence's weight," Coiny thought. "So, it won't be able to cross!" Happiness surged through his body, because of his own plan. 

   As they approached the bridge, Coiny waited for it to stop swaying, and ran across it, still holding Pin's hand. "Coiny!" Pin screamed. "Stop!" Coiny had no choice but to ignore her. The bridge was crumbling, and going back would only lead to death. "Something horrible is going to happen on this bridge!' Pin told him despairingly. The world blurred around them, as Coiny leaped across the gap, landing clumsily on the other side.

 He let go of Pin, seeing her land safely beside him. Coiny heard a thud behind him, and a scream of fear and agony. He turned around slowly, to see Fuzz, who had landed, his paws sprawled on the ground.  "Peppermint!" Pin screeched. Coiny looked around for Peppermint, but he could not see the object anywhere. Pin turned on him, grief in her eyes. "He's dead, Coiny." She whimpered, before bursting into tears. "You killed him!" She went on, suddenly sounding angry. "I told you to stop!" She growled at him. 

  Coiny was confused. "How did I kill him?" He asked, feeling hurt. "He fell off of the cliff!" Pin explained, anger and pain filling her voice. "That was the terrible thing." Her voice was no more than a whisper. Though, Coiny had hated Peppermint with a vengeance, he couldn't help, but feel sympathy for Pin's loss. "She's just grieving." Coiny assured himself. "Everyone gets angry when they are grieving." He thought, feeling all of the hurt dissolve from his mind. Coiny walked over to the tree that Pin was leaned against, trying to sleep. But, Coiny could tell that she could not sleep very well. Pin was twitching  in her sleep. 

  Coiny sat down beside Pin, leaning against her, and drifting into sleep. 

   (Here is the next part! I hope you all enjoyed! I know that sometimes this story isn't always focused on the romance. But, I really just wanted to make my story more original. I wanted to make an adventure story, and not just, them going to restaurants, or having a picnic or something.)