The Dream

Coiny felt a dream seeping into his mind. "This feels so real." He thought, staring around the clearing. Then, he saw something. It was Needle. She stood there, looking over all of the other objects, with narrowed eyes. It was as if she was questioning their loyalty to her. Needle didn't seem to speak a word, as she surveyed the large camp that she had made for herself, and her followers. Coiny frowned, as he saw the other objects. They were battle-scarred, and they seemed sad. "This will happen if you don't prevent it." Coiny heard a voice from behind him. 

  "Who's there?" He asked, ready to defend himself. "It's just me." Coiny heard a familiar voice soothe him. "Peppermint?" He asked, staring into the darkness. "Yes," Peppermint answered. "I have come to tell you which path to take." 

  "I don't need your help." Coiny grumbled. "Sorry to tell you, Coiny," Peppermint began. "But, I know that you are quite wrong." Coiny stared at him in confusion. "You need me." Peppermint told him. "How are you even here if you are dead?" Coiny asked him. "I can still visit your dreams." Peppermint responded. 

   "I can even visit hers." Peppermint informed him, gesturing toward where Maple was standing. "Leave Maple out of this!" Coiny growled. "She's only a baby!" Peppermint nodded in understanding. "But, she is my daughter." He argued. "I can do what I like with her." 

  "Also, she knows more than you think." Peppermint explained. "She will guide you to your destination." Coiny felt even more confused than before. "I told you," He started. "Maple is only a baby!" Peppermint frowned. "Do you really think of my daughter as nothing more than a simple baby?" He asked, a hint of anger in his voice.

  "That's not what I meant at all!" Coiny protested. Peppermint turned away, but then looked back at Coiny again. "I know that you love Pin." He said. Coiny started to blush with embarrassment. "What do you know?" He asked, sounding flustered. "I know a lot more than you do." Peppermint responded. "But, I will make a deal with you." He promised. 

  "What is it?" Coiny asked, nearly forgetting about his embarrassment earlier. Peppermint smiled. "I will let you have Pin, on one condition." He said. "What do you want from me?" Coiny asked him, suddenly sounding excited. "You have to do exactly what I tell you." Peppermint demanded. 

  Coiny thought for a moment, then replied. 'I promise." He told Peppermint. Peppermint looked satisfied. "You must remember what a huge sacrifice that I am making for you to be safe." He suddenly frowned. "Pin means the world to me," "And it breaks my heart to have to do this." Peppermint said, tears coming to his eyes. 

 Coiny walked away from him, and stood beside Maple. She seemed to be in a trance of some kind. Coiny waved his hand in front of her face. But, the little object didn't seem to notice. 'I won't find the orb, but they will." Maple mumbled. Coiny looked startled. "What does that mean, Maple?" He asked, frantically. "This is not my destiny," Maple continued to mumble. "It is theirs alone." 

 "Maple, what's wrong?" Coiny asked, suddenly getting worried. He started to shake Maple rapidly. "Wake up!" He yelled. "Wake up, Maple!" "This is a dream!" Then, Maple disappeared from the dream. "I woke her up!" Coiny cried with relief, just before waking up himself. 

 Pin was shaking him. "Coiny, are you alright?" She asked. "You were screaming, and Maple was mumbling things in her sleep." Coiny looked at Pin. "I'm fine." He stammered. "I'm sure Maple is fine as well." Coiny shivered with fear. "Should I tell her?" He thought to himself. Then, he decided. "Not yet." He told himself. 'Maple will tell her." 

  (Here is Chapter 10! I was originally planning on just making this chapter a filler chapter. But, my mind has provided a plot for me! I hope you enjoyed! :3)