Chapter 3: First Contact

Yaunna's

Today was our research for the Science Investigatory Project and also Saturday which is also my parent's day.

They would always go out every Saturday without me and bring me to Aunt Hanji so I could play with Shaun. To be honest, we aren't actually playing back then, we're playing instruments and I constantly hit him with a guitar.

I could laugh at those memories but it's been a long time since we jammed together. I just couldn't. He might recognize the likeness of Belle and my voice.

I was wearing my clothes since morning since it is already 5pm. A simple tank top and a pjs. Yeah. I'm dead serious. I did not even took a shower yet because I'm getting damn lazy and I don't smell like shit anyway.

"(Y/n), we have to go!" Mom was heard below.

"Okay!" I left my room after grabbing my expanded envelope that contains the project's format.

I ran downstairs only to see my parents wearing something nicer than mine. I pokerfaced myself.

I'm a adopted-from-streets looking daughter.

Dad looked at me just after he grabbed his car keys. He ruffled my hair and pulled me with him outside.

"You little shit." he pinched my nose.

"Ow.." I complained.

"You look horrible." He chuckles as mom catches up beside us walking to the garage.

"Who cares."

We hopped in the car as they dropped me off to the Smith's residences. Hanji was seen through the garden and as soon as she saw our presence she got the idea.

"Ohh, looks like shorty had a date with (y/n)!" Hanji smirks.

Mom laughed. "Alrighty, we have to go. Take care of this girl "

"No problem!" Hanji says before touching my shoulder.

As soon as my parents drove away, the sound of a door closing was heard behind. Looking at it, it was Shaun in bedhead.

"Hey, uh. Yaunna..." he yawned before adjusting his specs.

"Oh, Shaun. Jeez, wash your mouth." Hanji shooed her son.

"Mom, it's just a small nap." Shaun whines.

"Fine then, let's get inside before the sun sets..." she leads us in and I looked around.

Nothing changed. Aunt Hanji wasn't the one preparing their food instead it's a personal chef. Why? 'Cause Uncle Erwin she was a terrible cook.

"So mom, we have to do our project upstairs," Shaun told his mother. "Let's go, Yaun."

Shaun lead me to his room and closed the door. I stood there, feeling unpleasant by his scattered pillows and messy comforter.

He seemed to notice my look and scratched his nape.

"Oh-uhm... sorry. I just woke up," he chuckles nervously before arranging his mess. "By the way, Andie's otw."

"Uh-huh?" Is the only thing I could say while making my way to sit on a couch still staring on his bed.

Shaun finally was done and I was now comfortable.

"Anyway, here's the format. Professor distributed this the last time but you were absent in the subject. I think you were at football practice..."