Chapter 5: Vengeance

Shaun's

I just arrived at our locker room to be greeted by my fellow teammates.

"Hey, Shaun." Greeted Darwin. "Your girlfriend's gonna watch?"

I put down my bag at the long seat before opening my locker.

"Darwin, she isn't my girlfriend," I chuckled. "Seriously? She's been my friend since birth."

Darwin, laces his shoes tightly as he continued on demanding.

"Bro, everyone's aware that you like her," Darwin laughs. "Why don't you just get her."

I shook my head in disbelief over his statement. If he only knew how hard it is. Being stuck between heaven and earth. Belle and Yaunna.

I like Belle and I wanted to see ger badly. I wish someday to collaborate with her but I never tried to ask her in the comment because everybody sees her like a star; hard to reach.

While Yaunna... she's just a girl that's been here by my side since I was born on earth. I can touch her, I can see her, heck I even had kissed her. But she was too perfect to be mine.

I'm confused.

Apparently, we're both confused.

"Team Eisenwald. Get your asses ready!!" We heard our coach yell. "The game starts within 3 minutes!"

All of us startled as soon as the coach alarmed us. We rushed and so I am, beginning to lace up my shoes.

As sokn as everyone's ready, we went out of the locker into the hallway down to the stairs and field. The opponents have arrive and just across our direction where we sat. People, faculty staffs and students where the ones making the atmosphere of the braod open space grass field tense and loud. People were either cheering or watching their bias.

The game was about to begin when the host's voice echoed through the whole ground from the jury's house.

An elated atmosphere took over around as I saw a group of people walking down from the audience seats. I saw Amber until I realize about Yaunna. She wasn't there. My eyes kept wandering around, finding that girl but I couldn't. My eyes travelled around almost the whole radius of this football field but not a single (h/c) haired girl with monolid steel eyes was seen.

"Are you okay, bro?" Asked Darwin, patting my shoulder.

"Yeah..." I stated, audibly down.

Darwin sighed when the host called everyone to start the game one.

'Damn. I've got to focus here.'

Yaunna's

'God, I need to catch up.'

I was running away from our village to our school that was unfortunately meters away. I kept running, my shoes getting soaked in the mud which I don't give a fuck.

Heck. I know that geek and for over years I've known him being a football player, Shaun couldn't focus without me watching.

I've reached the last street where the only thing I have to do was cross the pedestrian lane and run a few blocks away.

The stoplight's counting down from 43 seconds. Argh, could this get any faster?

I was tapping my foot, getting blended with people waiting for the cars to stop. I was growing more and more impatient when my phone rang.