Chapter 8: Less Regrets

"Are you alright?" Shaun asked while eating his breakfast I prepared him.

I nodded, "Yeah.." I watch him eat as he looks at me, making me feel uncomfortable.

"Yaun, you look uneasy..." he put down his spoon back to the plate. "Is there something bothering you?"

I frowned. 'Yes. There is..' if only the truth wouldn't affect our friendship. I could tell. But now isn't the time... nor probably I'll ever tell you.

"No," I stood up from the couch and sat on the edge of his bed, snatching his bread. "Oh, Shaun, you should do more rest than interfering on other people's life."

Shaun rolled his eyes before putting away the plate into the table next to the bed. He took the bread back from me and ate it.

"Oi, What was that for?" I whined.

"Aym shtil hungryy," he pronounced unclear with the bread stuffed in his mouth.

I rolled my eyes. "That's my food, dummy."

Timeskip~

Shaun's parents finally took over my place to take care of him. My parents doesn't know I was about to go home which causes me to commute back home.

I was standing in the train, holding a clutch to keep my balance while my other hand is responsible for scrolling on my phone. The e-mail YouTube sent to me was unbelievable, and they wanted to give me an award for my channel that reached a million subscribers.

But... the reason I was worried that I have to reveal my face that time. Receiving an award also means the time to make them see who I am.

It was rather confusing... on how I will do it. It's not the people nor netizens who's gonna be intrigued are my main problem but... Shaun.

He adored Belle... but he doesn't know it was me. If he knew I was lying to him all this time. It would be such a shame. It may ruin our friendship. And I know that trust is the reason everything develops and breaks as well.

I sighed. Sliding my phone back to my pocket as I stare at the beautiful view from here. The train stopped suddenly making people fall on their back or side especially for those who stood like me.

"I-I'm sorry..." I mumbled to the person next to me since I didn't mean to squish him with the people behind him.

"It's fine." The voice seemed cold and masculine. I couldn't help but look up to see who's it making my eyes grew wide.

'Oh my god, he's handsome.'

The guy looked down to me as i look away when he almost caught me. Or so I thought...

He was wearing a headphones and guessing a stringed instrument is inside the bag he was wearing. He had an ash gray dyed hair and he looks absolutely hot. I swear. I wouldn't want to lie.

The train started to move again making me get lost in my thoughts once more as I stared outside the window. A few minutes had passed when the train intercom spoke.

"Sakigatani Station."

It's my last stop.

I gripped on my bag and waited for the stop when the train brakes again making me lean back once more. But luckily, I didn't felt the squishy effect, getting the idea that I didn't pinned the guy next to me.

The train stopped and opened its doors. I excused myself from people when I finally went out. I looked back at the train closing the door and the alarm sounds.

Aww, bye bye to the cutie.

Laughing at myself, I decided to pass and walk down to leave the train station. I was about to book an Uber when I decided to grope around my pockets to look for my walle-

"Wait... where is it?" I started to panic, walking in the street and checked on my bag but there's none. "Oh my god... I lost my wallet!?"

I facepalmed. I had lots of important I.D. over there!! Argh... could this day get anymore worst?

I walked home devastated instead and arrived exhausted. Dad was watching news but there was no sign of Mom.

"Yaunna?" He noticed me shut the door, looking over from the couch.

I removed my shoes with my shoulders falling. "Hi, dad."

My face is visibly frowning making dad question. "Oi, brat. What's wrong?"

I went to the sofa and slumped, tired. "Well..." I shrugged, "I lost my wallet."

Dad raised an eyebrow. "How could you be so careless?" He shook his head in disappointment.

"Aww, I went home fucking exhausted from walking with my sore feet and my dad's lecturing me-"

"Words, brat. Words." Levi pinched my nosebridge making me whine.

Ugh. I'm so stressed out. Please whoever is happy and contented, be willing to take some problems from me.

"Where's mom?" I ask, almost drifting off to sleep.

"Resting. Why?"

"You had s-"

"What?" He twitched his brows.

"I didn't say anything yet?" I shot my eyes open, confused. "You had something on your lips, dad."

I saw dad sighed as he adjusted his glasses, wiping the crumbs off his lips.

"Get the shit moving, we'll have  dinner outside."

"But I'm freaking tiiire-"

"You want me to toss you to the place so your sorry ass won't whine enough?" Dad was always dominant. As if I had an opposition to him.

"Fiiiiiiinneeee." I poker faced him.

After a few minutes, I've done a little presentable stuff to myself and well being for the dinner we'll have. My parents and I was now here at the restaurant and I was barely touching my food.

"Are you alright, Yaunna? You've been spacing out for more than five minutes." Mom asked, worried.

I looked up to realize what I was doing. "Yeah... I'm sorry," then the idea that YouTube just sent to me lately appeared on my head. "Uh, may I ask something?"

"Yeah, what is it?" Dad responds.

I fidgeted my hands and told them about the e-mail. Mom was shocked the way she adapted from aunt Hanji. Seriously? But thankfully dad restrained her.

Dad was smirking. I know he's proud because if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be a singer anyway.

"But... should I reveal my identity?" I was confused that time, hoping that my parents have something to convince me.

"It doesn't really matter who you are. If humanity seriously adore you, they wouldn't mind who you are," dad said and it made sense to me.

"Actually, there is a lot of great  possibility that they would like you more if you'd reveal who you are. If you know what I mean." Mom winked. I know her point. And it was true. Although lots of people were judgementals but we know there's still who consider what is right.

"Yeah... maybe." I chuckled nervously, taking a bite on my garlic bread.

"The truth will set you free." Dad sipped on his drink.

"If you worry about, Shaun. Of course there's no way he would never understand you." Mom smirked.

Then... I should go for it, right?

With less regrets.

"Make regrets impossible in this world." Dad lectured once as I recall.