Chapter 4: Struggle

Chapter 4: Struggle

Yaunna's

It was suffering from awkward walk daily. No one ever has started a conversation between us excluding whenever necessary at school.

Four days ever since that happened, I can't bear the atmosphere. Sometimes he attempts to talk but always end up opening his mouth and before he could say anything fear takes over him that summarizes him to walk away, embarrassed.

The sun starts to set and we were roving our way home. The ice has formed between us after the incident. What's much worse is that I can't deny the truth that every night I can't sleep, Shaun was the content of my fucking mind.

And everytime I retain the memory, I can't help but touch where he kissed me.

We were walking home from school and reach the river just way near our village. It was a silent place where not so many people are around or maybe we're the only ones right now.

Up until now. I utterly don't know why he did that... nor what how I would feel.

"Yaunna, let me carry those for you," now he was suddenly offering a help. "Aren't you tired?"

I've been carrying our Science Investigatory Project Medium and the format in a large cardboard. I gave him a short glance before resuming to walk not paying attention on his offer. He wasn't wearing a shy expression anymore but the usual he wore as if nothing happened.

'Maybe he set aside our misinterpretation now that he dared to speak.'

"I can hold these," I stubbornly stated. Though, I was struggling a bit. "And there's no way I could be tired."

Shaun snorted before adjusting his knapsack and snatching the experiment sample from me that I could say weighs like 10 pounds.

I was in halt due to his movements and Shaun was now having the experiments on his hands.

I was staring at him in annoyance when he looked at me and laughed.

"Don't you worry, little miss. I just don't want to see you tiring yourself," he begin his pace, moving away forward. "You've been carrying this in a long walk. I won't let you-"

I lurched and stood in front of him. "Why were you doing this?"

Shaun was surprised, completely stunned making himself hinder. He was about to speak when he was prevented by only himself too.

"Spit it out, Shaun." I used his name, configuring any from him.

"Doing what?" He asked.

"Ha," I pursed my lips in irritation. Why do he keep on playing dumb? "You're making me dead confused and now you don't even know what you're doing?"

He twitched his brows. Agony was visible in my eyes and I know he could see through. I hate when this have to happen. Everytime I was accessible and what I actually feel was being unfolded, I feel weak in front of such people.

"Yaunna... I didn't mean to confuse you..." he said softly, staring in my eyes with concern.

"Then tell me why!" I yelled.

He was staring at me before walking away from me. I gasped, how dare him. I stomp, catching him.

"Oi!" I turned him harshly before suddenly the hot steam flowed out of my eyes.

Shaun's eyes widened as soon as get a sight of my weak state. I hate it when people see me like this. But Shaun have seen me multiple times break down, he was the one who comforts me.