16

I woke up 2 days later after popping a xanax. I could get used to this feeling, feeling of nothing. 11 am.

I wasn't so happy when I was greeted by Liam's angered expression. He sat on the edge of my bed staring out of the window, when he realised I had opened my eyes he turned his eyes to me.

" What the fuck Sal?" He raised the bottle of xanax in the air " Xanax , really? Do you have a death wish?"

I didn't want to start another argument by mentioning the coke he sniffed. I haven't even had a chance to speak to him since and I didn't really remember much from after Peggy left.

I looked around disoriented, only wishing I could wake up to absolute silence after such glorious sleep. Not this... whatever this was.

" Where's my mum ? " I yawned ignoring Liams complaint "And my dad?"

He shook his head and sighed in disbelief "hello ? " Liam shook the bottle " bigger problems " he said throwing the xanax at the wall behind my bed causing them all to fall out from the bottle container and on to my bed.

I rolled my eyes , still keeping my cool not wanting to start an argument. I stretched and picked the bottle up, collecting the xanax and dropping them back in.

" Well I'm sorry Liam but I've just slept for 2 days, so I'm quite concerned about what my parents have to say."

" They stopped at ours."

" That was 2 days ago" I stated putting the xanax in the drawer.

" They came back home the next day, took a shower and had to rush off to work. I was here to make up with you . They didn't have time to check on you ." He started explaining.

" What about when they came back from work?"

" I said you was really tired so you were taking a nap".

" What about this morning?"

" I went downstairs for a fag and said you was still asleep"

I took in everything he told me, realising how lucky I was. If my parents found out I would be dead.

"Thanks" I said bluntly.

He stared at me for a couple of seconds probably wondering what to say next. " We need to talk man."

" I know." I kept my distance.

" Do you not wanna or summat?"

" I do wanna talk . I just don't know where to start." I confessed.

" I know I fucked up a bit Like, without a doubt. You were on my case a bit though"

"Liam my parents came round, last thing I wanted was for them to see you fucked up 'cos I don't want them to think badly of ya"

" They already do don't they" . He was talking about all the shit we used to pull on them when we were younger. And how much we used to wagg school .

" That's different. They think bad of us both for wagging school and that. " I began explaining " if they knew about drugs they wouldn't let us talk. Never mind go out."

He sighed and looked down at his hands realising why I was so bitchy.

" I'm sorry" he looked up and moved closer to me, holding my hands with his.

" Liam " I took one of my hands and placed it on his cheek " I know youve had a shit life. I'm sorry for saying I was embarrassed. "

He half smiled.