Chapter 18

"I feel bad for Obi. He doesn't seem the type to spend the day in the library."
Obi is standing next to you in the library, just watching over you, as you study. "There has got to be a way to make this better for him. He is probably itching to be outside."

You jolt up, and set the book down. "I need a break." You start to walk outside, and Obi follows you. "What about Adviser Yuuto? Won't he be mad about it?"

"He doesn't need to know. And I can trust you, right?" He winks at you. "Of course, princess." You blush, and walk faster. You reach outside, and climb into a tree. Obi climbs up after you.

"So, it's been a couple days, nothing has happened. Ruto had to go back to work, and is probably paranoid about me. I'm just waiting for something to happen." You exhale.

"Nothing is going to happen. I will make sure of that." Suddenly his seriousness  dissipates. "And besides, I'm too tuff to get past anyway." You smack his arm, and smile.

"So, I heard a rumor somewhere that tommorow is your birthday." Obi nudges you, and you glare at him.

"Don't make a big deal about it! I don't need all of Clarines knowing!" Obi grins even wider.

"Ok, so you want it to be a big deal. Better go ask the maids to start preparing a feast." Obi jumps out of the tree. Then looks up at you. "All though, I am supposed to stick close to you, so I guess you have to come with me."

You jump down, and stand next to him. "Yeah, well I am not going."
You try to sound sassy, and Obi laughs.

"Ok. I'll just tell the next maid we see to pass the message on to the cooks." You start to walk back inside, and you  turn your head back. "Your unbelievable." Obi chuckles, and catches up to you.

Hey guys. Thanks for the support so far! I am writing a story for Ryuu, so go check that out. I am doing it from before the manga because I haven't read it yet. Thank you for all the reads!