Chapter 24

You and Obi are starting the long trek back to the castle, with Aaden and Hebi. They are being led with another rope Obi has. Aaden looks glum, and Hebi is striken with anger.

You are standing next to Obi.

"Thanks again, for rescuing me." You looks down at your shoes. You hear Obi laugh, and you look up at him.

"Rescue You! I didn't rescue You! You got out yourself. I just ran into you in the woods." You smile.

"Yeah, you scared me honestly. I didn't know who it was. I mean, what if they had backup or something! I didn't know what to do!" Obi is still laughing.

"You are so funny."

"I'm not kidding! I wouldn't be able to fight just them off! And  if they had more people, I would be screwed!" By now, Obi is laughing so hard, you have to stop. You wait a couple second, and then slap his arm. You walk ahead of him. You hear him clear is throat, and begin walking again. You are still smiling.

After a couple of hours, you stop at a river. "I knew I heard water" Obi watches Hebi and Aaden while they drink the cold, crisp water. He then takes a drink himself. While he is bent over, you kick water at him. He looks up, and his face is soaked with water. He grins, and splashes you. You gasp. The water is really cold.

You two have a splash war, until Hebi groans. "We need to get back to the castle." You declare, disappointed.

Obi turns to leave, and you follow. In the river, though, there is a rock you don't see. You trip, and as you are falling, you grab Obi's shoulder. You pull him down a little, but his sturdy structure keeps him up. You still fall in a little.

"(Y/N)!" He bends down to help you. You giggle, and shiver.

"I'm fine, just cold. The sun will dry me." You stand up, and Obi leads you out of the water.

"Just kiss her all ready!" Hebi yells, clearly frustrated. You blush, and see Obi has a kinda shocked face, then he turns away. You both get out of the river, and start walking again.

You walk for a quite a while, and the castle comes into veiw.

"Yes!" You start to walk a little faster, excited to be back. You enter, and wait for Obi. You start to explain the situation. One of the guards whispers something into the other's ear, and he runs off. The first one speaks.

"I just sent him to inform Prince Zen that you are safe. We have been sending search parties for you two." By now, Obi walks up to the gate with Aaden and Hebi. The guard takes the rope that has them on a leash. As soon as the rope is passed, Hebi pulls out a knife and cuts the rope off of him. He starts to run toward the gate, but Obi chases after him. Obi is about to take him, when Hebi slices Obi's side.

You see the blood splatter. The crimson staining Obi's clothes and the ground around him. Your heart stopped beating, not knowing how to pump the precious, red blood to your body. The red blood dripping so slowly from Obi's body, you feel you are going to scream.

Obi sits up, and throws a blade at Hebi. It slices his ankle, causes him to fall. You hear the tear of the ligaments, and witness Hebi falls to his hands and knees. The guards run to Hebi and wrap the rope around him, and you run to Obi.

You reach him in a few short moments. You grab his shoulder, and look at the wound. The gash is deep. You swallow, and do your best to speak. "We need to get you to Shirayuki. Like, right now." Obi smiles.

"Please, I'm fine. I have had way worse. This is nothing. Besides, I don't care if I get hurt." You clench your teeth, and pull Obi to Shirayuki's Office. You open the door, not bothering to knock. She turns toward you, startled. Then she sees the wound.

"Obi! (Y/N)! Set him on the bed! I'll go get Ryuu and  Chief Garak." She runs out of the room, and you help Obi sit down on the bed. He grimices in pain a little.

"I really am fine."

You grunt. "Yeah, sure."

Wow, this was a longer chapter. Thanks for reading this far in my story. I am out of school now, so hopefully I will have more time to write. Thanks for the support!