The Shopping Trip: Part Two: Kinky Demons

In which I learn that Maz is hella kinky and might have a fetish for rope.

~~~~~

He brushed some hair behind my ear. "Thank you. She does make me look rather good, doesn't she?" Maz delivered the line in such a way that I knew Brenda would damn near swoon and I wanted to stomp on his foot for it. He did not need to be giving her that much fucking ammo. I was already going to hear about it tomorrow at work and from how her eyes glittered, she was going to want all the dirty details. The fact we weren't a permanent deal made the act of talking about it feel fucking skeezy.

"Well I better leave you two lovebirds alone." Brenda grinned and I forced myself to smile back at her. She gave a small wiggle of her fingers as she moved towards the end of the aisle. "See you tomorrow, Ethel." I nodded, feeling like the words were more a threat than a friendly farewell and the moment she got out of view I whirled on Maz.

"Don't you ever do that again!" I shoved at him, which did nothing but hurt my fingers that were wrapped around the knife.

He grabbed my wrist, pulling the knife from my hand and tucking it away somewhere on his person before massaging my fingers, as if that would get rid of the slight pain I had caused. "Why? Are we not married? Am I not allowed to bask in my mellilla's beauty? Am I not allowed to sing her praise?" He brought my hand up to his mouth, brushing his lips against my knuckles as he looked down at me.

I pulled my hand from his, rubbing my knuckles against my jeans to try and rid myself of the feeling of his mouth on them. "No, Maz. You know why." He was so fucking confusing. I had never had a guy treat me like he was. Like I was worth something. I knew why, he had to. He didn't want to be with me, he wanted to leave, hence the killer fucking bargain we made. Pun fucking intended. So that made this all the more fucked up.

I didn't get happily ever afters with beautiful guys because I was prudish, frumpy, virgin Ethel. I was destined to be with guys named Dale Smith because guys like Maz were literally ready to kill to get out of commitment to me.

I shoved a hand through my hair, turning away from him. I wasn't sure why I felt like I wanted to cry. What about me was so fucking pathetic that I was going to fucking cry in the murder weapon aisle in fucking Home Depot. I heard Maz take a step and I held up a hand. "Don't. Just don't." I inhaled deeply, trying hard to gather my thoughts.

"What is wrong?" He sounded actually concerned and I bite my tongue hard before I felt safe enough to look at him.

"The fact I have to help you kill someone, Maz. Maybe that might be cause for a little internal dilemma." I glared at him, wanting to be angry at something for once and not wanting to think about the fact that I kind of didn't want to get rid of his stupid demon ass because I had a feeling that I wouldn't ever get a guy like him again. Figures, I had to drag a fucker out of hell to actually follow through with a date and it started because he wanted to kill me.

Lovely.

Great-Aunt Eugusta's pearly wisdom strikes again.

"They marked you for death. They knowingly summoned a demon to seal the contract in their blood that ensured your death for the wrong they felt was done. To remove such a person is not a burden." Maz looked so confused that I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at it but he was suddenly right in front of me. His dark eyes were intense as they locked onto my own. "You were not deserving of the treatment I bestowed upon you. You were not deserving of the mark that was placed upon your soul. You were not deserving of having this unholy union forced upon you." He suddenly had the knife once more before pressing it into my hand.

"You are not deserving of having your immortal soul tainted because of the unholy actions of another. You will not become collateral damage in the unending war between Heaven and Hell, Ethel." He held my gaze for another few moments before he turned and walked away, leaving me with the stupid fucking knife and my head in a knotted bundle of confusion and desire. I looked at the knife in my hand, the handle was carved from wood and the blade was hidden by the holster but I knew it was probably sharper than I was comfortable with.

I swallowed hard. "So this is gunna happen." Moral dilemma aside, I doubted Maz was going to back out of the bargain. He was going to ensure that the killing did happen and that we were both set free. I gave a longing look to where he had picked the knife from the wall. I wanted to put it back and leave but I knew that wasn't really going to go over well. I heaved out a sigh and moved to go find him.

It took a fair amount of time. For being a super tall, buff, and gorgeous man, he was surprisingly hard to find when he didn't want to be. I had thought he would be with the chain saws or power tools. All super fun toys I had no doubt he would have wanted to play with but instead I found him standing, with a nearly glazed look on his face, in front of the rope.

Home Depot had a significant selection of rope and Maz was looking at it like he had seen fucking nirvana.

I moved a little closer. "Maz?" When there was no reaction I reached out and poked his arm, wondering if he had like... shut down. Like a demon reboot or some stupid shit. I didn't know how it worked. It wasn't like I was up to date on my demonology.

He grabbed my wrist in a rather tight grasp and yanked me closer, his expression turning almost feverish as he looked at the ropes. His lips were moving but he wasn't saying anything I could hear or understand. However, as he grabbed a rope and slide it over my wrist before shaking his head and grabbing another one to repeat the action my heart thumped hard and my cheeks went bright red as the flush shot up my neck and to my face.

I swallowed hard as he went through rope after rope before he finally grabbed a rope that slide across my skin like satin. He shuddered, shuddered, his big body shaking hard before he finally met my gaze. There was a glow of something like fire to his eyes as he slowly, and deliberately, wrapped my wrist up tight. He gave a sharp tug on the rope, yanking me into his hard body before he kissed me hard.

So the demon was into BDSM.

He broke the kiss and I swallowed hard once again, wondering why the fuck I was flooding my underwear instead of running for the hills.

I didn't want to be tied up, did I?

I watched him pull the entire spool off the wall and he moved yanking me along behind him, I blinked, realizing that yes... yes I did.