eight

Rosalie sat awkwardly in Lupin's office. He had gone off to fetch something. She did not bother to ask what as she paid more attention to her wand than she did anything else. She was uncomfortable. Not by Remus but by what he may ask. What he saw and how she would answer. Despite only knowing him a day, she wanted to him to like her, she didn't want him to think of her as a loser or freak, she wanted his respect. From what she saw from the train, he was a great wizard, and all she wanted to do was learn from him, but now all she felt was humiliated. 

"This is my special hot chocolate," the voice of him startled her, although it was calming. He came into her sight holding a large mug, a warm smile on his face made her feel at ease. The last thing she expected was for him to bring her hot chocolate. "I always have it when things get a little...rough." He placed the mug onto the desk in front of her and her little smile fell at his words.

"So you did see what happened back there..." She mumbled sadly, her cheeks becoming slightly red. She knew he had seen what had happened, but part of her hoped he didn't.

"Hasn't been the best start for you has it? First the dementors, then detention and now this." Despite how bad everything he said sounded, she found her self  huffing a laugh.

"Yeah...can't believe it's only the first day. Harry also got told he was going to die, that was fun." Lupin's eyes widened, "it was only Divination, apparently the professor predicts someone dies every year, nothing to worry about." She quickly cleared up earning a smile from him. 

"Surprisingly enough though I feel like the start to last year was worse," He raised his eyebrow to her, a small smile growing as he waited for her to continue with the story. "Me, Harry and Ron couldn't get past the wall in Kings Cross, it got blocked off by a house elf - that's a story for another time- and so because of that we missed our train, and then,well Ron had the great idea of taking his fathers flying car..."

"All the way to Hogwarts?"

"Yep, we got here but then the car lost control and crashed into the whomping willow."

"Whomping Willow? Shouldn't you be dead?!"

"Immobulus." She giggled, flicking her wand, showing her knowledge of spells but only for the spell to hit two knitting needles which were laid in the corner of his room, making them stop knitting. Her eyes widened.

"Sorry!" She quickly squealed, feeling embarrassed once again, her magic always seemed to get in the way.

"No worries, just stitching up some old clothes. Nothing important." He replied, starting up the knitting again just after.

It grew silent as she picked up her hot chocolate and to her surprise it was amazing. It was perfect, not too hot to burn but hot enough to have a little stream rise up past her eyes.  The taste of chocolate was strong and thick but it melted perfectly in her mouth. She closed her eyes as she took a deep breath of the strong chocolate smell. Her sense tingling at how sweet it was. Her mind took her back to when she was a child. The taste, it was so familiar to her. It wasn't like normal hot chocolate, there really was something special to it.

"I feel like my mother use to make this for me when I was a kid. It taste and smells so familiar. I could only remember having it when I was sad though..."

Remus' held a warm smile as he watched her and his smile only grew with her comment.

"Maybe she did," he started, Rosalie looked up to him"not sure how she would of got my secret recipe though." He added, earning an eyebrow raise from the young witch, she eyed the cup of hot chocolate she was holding.

"What could you add to a simple hot chocolate to make it so special?" She challenged.

"Ah," he puts his finger up as matter of fact "now that's the real secret isn't it." 

She couldn't help but let out a light laugh. He did have a point. 

"I assure you Professor, I will figure it out."

"I'm sure you will Rosalie."