forty - one

Courtesy of Rosalie's godfather, she was stuck in the hospital wing for the night. Madam Promfrey did not have much of a say as Severus insisted that the redhead should stay rested.

Rosalie did not mind though; ever since she had been back on the team, it seemed more eyes were on her than usual. If she had left the hospital wing earlier that day, she would have had to go to the Great Hall for dinner - which she would rather avoid. Slytherins had made it their mission to get a reaction out of Rosalie as if she did, they knew she would be taken off the Quidditch team. They spent most of dinner teasing the redhead rather than eating, but she knew better than to hex them. Beating them in the Quidditch final would suffice.

"Here is your dinner - courtesy of the house-elves." The voice which entered her ears was one she knew far too well. Her face lit up at the sound and sight of food; she had missed lunch due to her unconsciousness.

"Thank you! I'm starving!"

"No worries, can not go to sleep on an empty stomach." The DADA teacher replied as he took a seat next to her bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Good," she replied, her mouth full of food - internally, she scolded herself for being so vile in front of Remus, but another part did not care with how hungry she was. She swallowed her food before continuing her sentence. "I feel far better, and with food and sleep, I'll be just as new in the morning!"

"That's good to hear." Remus gently smiled.

"You didn't have to come to give this yourself; I'm sure Dobby would have been happy to do it himself."

"Thought you'd like some company, and I wanted to give you something." Rosalie looked to him with a mouth full of food confused, but she quickly looked away when she felt her cheeks heat up. Mentally she told herself to calm down, but he gave her the nerves she could not control.

Remus did not say what it was immediately as he stuffed his hand into his pocket and pulled out a metal pin. It was a fox, which stood tall, its chest out and head high. Though Rosalie did not understand why he was giving it to her, she was in awe. The colour had faded slightly, but it was still beautiful.

"It was your mothers. She wore it while playing Quidditch - said it was her good luck charm."

Rosalie did not bother looking up at him. Her thumb stroked the pin as she wandered. "Why a fox?"

"She had earned herself the nickname 'The Sly Fox' and was something that stuck with her through the years at Hogwarts."

"Because of how she played on Quidditch?" Rosalie was confused on how one would earn such a nickname.

"Partly, but she also got away with everything she did. Especially the first few years. No one fully understood how she did it, and before the end of the first year she had the nickname."

"And it stuck?" Remus nodded, and Rosalie looked back down at the pin. "I guess she liked the nickname to get a pin for it," she laughed.

"She sure did."

The two stayed talking for the next few hours, especially about her mother. It turned out Rose Evans was not as academically skilled as Rosalie once thought. Remus told her 'she was gifted in different ways, more creative ways' which the young which found interesting.

Eventually, Remus had fallen asleep; he told her that with Sirius Black on the loose she could not be left alone, though she did wonder why it was him always with her now. Only a week ago they were not on talking terms, and every night the redhead would question the change. Her mind raced over the events of the day Remus first spoke to her again.