twenty one

Rosalie sat with Hermione in the library, both head in their hands and their hair wild, it had been a long day for both of them. Books scattered the table they sat at, pages half open, all specifically on one subject. Werewolves. They had been spending most of the night doing research on it, for Snape's ridiculous essay that he had no right to set them.

It had gotten quite late, so the library was empty, only the librarian now sat with the girls in silence as they read through every useful book they could find.

"Alright, break!" Hermione said, shutting her book creating a large and loud echo through the library, causing the librarian to tell them to be quite down. "Sorry," Hermione mumbled.

Every hour and a half the two girls would take a 'study break', it helped them not to lose concentration as their studying would usually go on for hours, they even missed dinner some days, though it didn't matter much to Rosalie as she always brought in snacks which Hermione always told her off for doing.

Rosalie sighed happily and dropped her book to the table, shutting it, then she leaned back on her chair, stretched and gave a large yawn. "Finally, I'm so tired!" She yawned again before rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"Agreed, it's nearly curfew anyway," Hermione replied, Rosalie, nods in agreement before starting to pack away all the books, with every book she shut she couldn't help but eye the page that refilled her mind with information on werewolves and she wandered. Who was the werewolf in their school? She knew it was none of her business but she just wanted to help them.

"Wait..." Hermione's voice interrupted Rosalie's thoughts, she looked down to her friend, who still hadn't moved from her seating position. Rosalie saw the nervous look on her face so she sat down again, letting the witch know she was listening. "Something is different about you..." Hermione started again, scootching on her seat slightly. "Ever since the beginning of the year, is it the Dementors? You might be able to speak to Dumbledore."

Rosalie shook her head before her friend could continue rambling, "It's not the Dementors, though they don't help."

"Then what? You always use to talk to me but you've been distance...You got yourself kicked off the Quidditch team! For what? A stupid prank?" Hermione grew more and more frustrated with each word she spoke.

Rosalie gave a heavy sigh and looked away before mumbling, "I wasn't kicked off the Quidditch team because of a prank..."

"What? B-but everyone was talking about it!"

"It was a lie made up so I wouldn't have to tell everyone the true reason." Rosalie once again looked up to her friend, and she tapped the pencil in her hand onto the table quickly, her heart following the same beat. "On the night Sirius Black intruded the castle I - eh - did something stupid." Rosalie paused, not sure on whether to tell the curly head girl the truth.

"That's okay, you do a lot of dumb things, how bad could this truly be?" Hermione tried to lighten the mood as she placed her hand on her friends and gave a sad smile.

Rosalie breathed a sad laugh before continuing, "When everyone was sleeping I asked Percy and another Prefect if I could go to the bathroom,"

"That's not bad."

"And then when we arrived I stunned both of them so I could go search the castle for information on Sirius Black..."

"WHAT?!" Hermione yelled, causing the librarian to shush them again, she let go of her friend's hand and any empathy the young witch once felt had disappeared. "You attacked two Prefects to go find information on Sirus Black?!"Hermione tried her best not to yell loudly at her friend, her hushed voice just seem to get louder. "That's the dumbest thing you've ever done! Why would you do that?"